PDA

View Full Version : IC306: Altona Test Suite / no color bar with APPE?

oxident
03-27-2013, 03:45 AM
Hi!

I'm trying to print the Altona Test page (Altona_Visual_1v2a_x3.pdf) on my IC306v2 but the media wedge on the bottom left side will only get printed if I deactivate "Prefer Adobe PDF Engine", regardless of the other print settings.

Is this a bug or does the Fiery only add the wedge when using EFI's own PDF engine?

Matt_MP
08-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Hi,

The Fogra media wedge feature will only appear when the Altona Visual v1.2 test form is processed through the PS interpreter (CPSI). This Fiery feature is designed to help operators verify their workflow uses the correct Job Properties for a PDF/X workflow, and was built into the Fiery before Adobe released the PDF interpreter (APPE). When these settings are applied the media wedge will print on the test form. It is formatted for measurement with the ES-1000 in strip reading mode.
Composite Overprint = Enabled
PDF/X output intent = Enabled
RGB, Use Embedded profile = Enabled
Separate RGB/Lab to CMYK = Enabled

If these settings are not applied through the PS interpreter then an error message will appear in place of the media wedge. We are reviewing how to improve this implementation and provide useful feedback to operators about their PDF/X workflow through both PS and PDF interpreters. Please let us know how the feature can improve by posting to this message or sending a private message to me.

oxident
08-26-2013, 11:18 PM
Hello Matt,

thanks for clarifying this. At the moment, the only improvement I can see is indeed the APPE support as we use it as a default workflow...