PDA

View Full Version : Colour change when using Impose

cfleming
03-13-2013, 01:53 AM
I have a problem with colour changes when using Impose. If the job is imposed using the method under Properties colour prints as required, when doing the same via Impose colour is visibly different. Any ideas as to how this is happening? Is Impose using a different profile?

Scott_W
03-13-2013, 06:38 AM
"If the job is imposed using the method under Properties colour prints as required, when doing the same via Impose colour is visibly"

..I read this before my morning coffee, then after.
I'm still not clear as to what you are asking ;)
Please clarify your question.

Also, what Fiery do you have and what copier model is it attached to?

Do you import jobs into CWS, then Impose, or are you printing via application/print driver (or comparing both methods)?

Rich A
03-25-2013, 09:03 AM
I was having the same issue at a customers site. The fix we found, which is a strange one, was this.
In CWS go to Edit > Preferences > Paths. The PS to PDF Conversion Default Settings is probably set to FieryOptimized2.joboptions. Under that Use Server conversion is probably checked and Use default server settings is selected.

Change this to Use Selected joboptions file and and browse to C:\Program Files\Fiery\Applications3\Common Files\EFI\Impose3 and select fieryoptimized2.joboptions.

Yes I know it is the same file as selected by default, but when we manually pointed to the file the color shifting issues went away. We chased this one for about 3 weeks before we found it.

This was with a C8000/IC306 combo.

Hope that works for you too.