PDA

View Full Version : CPS Ver 4 patches come in opposite.

Doyle
01-19-2013, 06:52 AM
No matter how what settings I use all patch in CPS Ver 4 patch come in opposite. It dose not matter if I start above or below the column the reads shows up opposite of what they are suppose to be. This happens with both an i1Pro 2 and an ES-2000. I could try an old l1Pro but this seems like a software error.

CPS 4 is connecting to an EX770 RIP and it happen in Windows on the RIP and on a Mac client.

CPS 3 has no problem reading in patches for the correct patch with the same spectro.

Doyle
01-19-2013, 10:02 AM
Okay tested and old 1iPro and it reads in patches fine.

Doyle
01-20-2013, 07:16 PM
I guess it was PEBCAK.

But I was sure I tried it with Use Ruler unchecked.

Use Ruler must be unchecked for it read the strip in the correct order.

Justin_dB
01-22-2013, 10:20 AM
The ruler option has a required orientation to the page. Be sure to place the ruler on top of the unread patches, with the clear edge under the first strip, and over the second strip. This will bring the patches into the software in the correct order, while using the ruler.

The M0 mode, without the ruler does not have this requirement, and the direction of the strip read is determined by the black and yellow patches at either end of the strip.

I hope this helps.

Thank you
Justin

Lou_P
01-22-2013, 10:25 AM
Sorry, are you using the ruler now? That's the most precise way to measure. But if you use it as Justin mentioned you need to put the ruler on the table so that the zebra stripe sensor is toward the bottom of the chart. That is the ruler is over the patches you have not measured yet when you start with row 1 at the top of the measurement table. Is that how you are scanning?

Doyle
01-23-2013, 06:06 AM
Sorry, are you using the ruler now? That's the most precise way to measure. But if you use it as Justin mentioned you need to put the ruler on the table so that the zebra stripe sensor is toward the bottom of the chart. That is the ruler is over the patches you have not measured yet when you start with row 1 at the top of the measurement table. Is that how you are scanning?

Who would have ever thought that. i1Profiler does not require that and I don't recall any other software that required that. And, since you can read in both directions how does it even know that.

Lou_P
01-23-2013, 10:11 AM
Who would have ever thought that. i1Profiler does not require that and I don't recall any other software that required that. And, since you can read in both directions how does it even know that.

I am taking this to mean it solves the problem for now. We'll take a look at how to improve this in the future.

Doyle
01-23-2013, 11:48 AM
I am taking this to mean it solves the problem for now. We'll take a look at how to improve this in the future.

Yes that solved the problem.

Best thing to do is just DOCUMENT IT.