PDA

View Full Version : Fiery presets in Mac OS X Snow Leopard

macevanscb
12-11-2012, 10:39 AM
I've joined the Fiery forums as my workplace just installed a brand new Minolta C364 "does everything under the sun" multifunction printer/scanner/copier/fax machine.
Everything is installed and working and now we are beginning to cope with the Fiery Server.

The one main thing that annoys me is Presets.
I always have to go three levels down to select a Fiery preset:
Print > Fiery Features > Full Properties > select a preset > OK
Is there any way to have Fiery presets show up in the top level Mac print dialog??
Can I define a Mac print preset that uses a Fiery preset??

Scott_W
12-11-2012, 12:43 PM
If you have purchased Hot Folders / Virtual Printer option, or Productivity Package option, you could set up Virtual Printers for each printing scenario that you are now using Print Presets for

macevanscb
12-11-2012, 01:29 PM
I can see where virtual printers would help me... having different printers setup for different apps would be handy.

I assume that once a Fiery preset is selected in a virtual printer that it would be remembered and automagically used from then on???

Scott_W
12-11-2012, 02:12 PM
There are no presets to select in an already configured Virtual Printer...

Your set a Virtual printer up in Command WorkStation. Your "lock" whatever printer settings you desire to that Virtual Printer, then give it a short, but distinctive name (example: "duplexstaple").

Then, at your Mac, you set up a Fiery printer - but instead of printing to "print" or "hold" queue of Fiery like you would normally do, you configure the printer to print to "duplexstaple".

So in your application, if you want that job to print duplexed and corner stapled, but don't wish to go through print windows making all those selections manually, you simply go File / print / print with printer set to print to "duplexstaple".

For more details, ask your KM dealer, or, look in Command WorkStation Help menu