PDA

View Full Version : Command Workstation Imposition PDF issues

ChrisPierce
12-04-2012, 10:17 AM
I have a file in Adobe Indesign. I print a booklet from it to the CW5 Fiery for our Xerox DCP 770 printer.

Using the Fiery I impose the file to step the booklet out 2 up in the middle of a larger sheet size. Save the file as a compressed PDF because I cannot use a particular print setting I need if I save it as a regular imposed file.

When I go to print the file, one of the images has a white line going through it. Just that one. I print the file before imposing and the line is not there. So it's got something to do with the compression to a PDF.

Any ideas of how to eliminate this problem besides stepping it out by hand? The image is a jpeg. I've converted it to a .Tiff to see if that would work. No dice. Not sure what else to do.

thistlegorm
12-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Are you outputing from Indesign as PS or PDF ? - if PDF have you tried using the APPE engine? how are you importing the job to the Fiery ? Hotfolder, File Import or are you printing direct from Ai ? if the latter have you tried the former as a way of transporting the file onto the Fiery - If none of that works - setup your job to print, then hold down the ctrl button prior to right clicking - you'll see "create error report" - select - this will create an archive of the job + it should prompt you to save a copy of the native file ( accept this ) add in any comments you feel might be helpful & save ( it will create a zip file containing native, archive, config + system files etc ) then log a call with Xerox support & send them that file.

What you are describing is fairly common & is normally fixed with a patch if recreatable..

ChrisPierce
12-04-2012, 02:49 PM
I just straight File>Print from Indesign to the Fiery. I don't use Hot Folders. They take longer to setup initially than it does for me to just do things by hand. So it doesn't save any time. Especially when problems like this arise.

So it sends an .indd file. Once it's over at the Fiery, I impose it and save it as a compressed PDF. Every time I do this it puts that 1 white line on an image.

I tried what you suggested and it did not fix the issue. So I ended up just stepping the file out by hand in Indesign and sending the file to the printer. That took care of it.