PDA

View Full Version : TX 3250r Dye Sub Black

Potonka
11-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Greetings,
We have a TX3250, running Fiery XF 4.5.6. We are running in 4c, using Coldenhove Transfer paper to a Heavy Knit from China.

We cannot get a rich black, the black is a very dark green. I have profiled this particular material three times. We actually used a different, cheaper paper before we used the Coldenhove.
I hand scanned, used our Barbieri. I tried running it Relative Colorimetric, Absolute, Perceptual. black as inkjet with clean colors, clean colors, black as inkjet black. I called efi support, had no answers, just told me it was probably the .epl or the ICC. Well, yeah, my thoughts too, but I have done everything I know and nothing works.

DOES ANYBODY ELSE HAVE ISSUES PRINTING BLACK ON THE TX 3250???? If not, what paper are you using, what heavy knit? What are your heat settings on the transfer machine? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Lou_P
11-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Are you profiling with Color Profiler Suite or the XF Color Manager?

Potonka
11-19-2012, 07:41 AM
Are you profiling with Color Profiler Suite or the XF Color Manager?

XF Color Manager

Derrick_M
11-21-2012, 09:12 AM
Please update to Fiery XF 4.5.7. It has specific improvements for profiling the TX3250r. The upgrade is free of charge and is available by right-clicking on the XF Control icon and selecting EFI Online Update. You can find the latest Advanced Linearization Guide for Fiery XF that was updated for 4.5.7at http://w3.efi.com/services/fiery-wide-format-services/knowledge-center under Color Management.

Potonka
11-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Thanks Derrick_M

I have downloaded and upgraded, however our TX is down right now. :(

Once we get it going, my boss wants to run in 4c, and that is what we have been running, but I was wondering if we would we get better blacks in 8c?

Thanks for the reply.