PDA

View Full Version : MacOS 10.7.5 and Command Workstation 5.3.1.28

macgirl13
10-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Has always worked fine for me, this morning however, I did a restart and it simply won't start CWS. It bounces in my dock one, but never opens. Trashed it, downloaded it and reinstalled to now avail. Any ideas?:confused:

Jerry Sunand
10-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Did you try uninstalling instead of trashing? Maybe there are components left by the earlier installation which still corrupt a new installation. The uninstall comes with the download of CWS. Let me know if this works.

macgirl13
10-26-2012, 06:51 AM
That sounded reasonable, Jerry, so I tried it, but unfortunately didn't work.

Gary_S
10-26-2012, 07:08 AM
Mac Girl,

Very strange, and this just started happening? No updates, or changes to anything on the Mac side?

Here is what I suggest.

1.) Download the latest version of CWS 5.4 (released last week)
2.) Run the Mac uninstaller included in this download (some improvements to previous version)
3.) Install CWS 5.4 (also some improvements to previous version, see release notes for more details)
4.) Report back.

More info on CWS 5.4 on this post as well.

http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthread.php/3284-Command-WorkStation-5.4-is-available

Thanks,

Gary

Jerry Sunand
10-26-2012, 07:11 AM
And if you try installing it, then go to the disk utility (standard on Mac iOS) and repair your permissions? Normally when you have issues with running programs or when a program is behaving strangely the disk utility is the solution you need to a look at.

I had a very strange problem with Illustrator last week, and disk utility did the trick!

macgirl13
10-26-2012, 08:41 AM
Mac Girl,

Very strange, and this just started happening? No updates, or changes to anything on the Mac side?

Here is what I suggest.

1.) Download the latest version of CWS 5.4 (released last week)
2.) Run the Mac uninstaller included in this download (some improvements to previous version)
3.) Install CWS 5.4 (also some improvements to previous version, see release notes for more details)
4.) Report back.

More info on CWS 5.4 on this post as well.

http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthread.php/3284-Command-WorkStation-5.4-is-available

Thanks,

Gary

Thank you very much Gary!

Gary_S
10-26-2012, 08:59 AM
My pleasure. Let us know what you think of the update.

Gary

macgirl13
10-29-2012, 08:39 AM
I spoke too soon. It worked as far as CWS will now open, but I can't get properties of any job, so it's still pretty much useless.

Jerry Sunand
10-29-2012, 08:44 AM
If you've made a backup using Time Machine: does the backup work? Sounds like there's a corrupt file somewhere on your Mac.

macgirl13
10-29-2012, 09:33 AM
No backup. Uninstalled CWS 5.4, uninstalled all Printers and Drivers, trashed the Fiery folder the uninstaller left behind, restarted, emptied the trash, re-installed CWS 5.4, and now it starts up, but crashes before it fully starts up.

macgirl13
10-29-2012, 10:02 AM
So. I uninstalled CWS again, got rid of the Fiery folder, restarted, downloaded the older version of CWS, and it's working. Only problem now is since I deleted my printers, I had to reinstall them, and I forget how to get a HOLD queue on the Mac. Anybody able to refresh my memory?:confused:

Update: Did a few searches on here, and found the solution. I'm back up and running!