PDA

View Full Version : Fiery, MAC, Adobe CS and User codes conflict

bailey24
09-19-2012, 02:33 PM
User codes are set-up on the Fiery and in the Fiery PS driver. When printing from a MAC (10.6 I believe) and Adobe CS the job appears as read in the CWS print queue saying that they don't have access to print. To bypass this, the user has to click File>Print, select the "Printer" option on the Adobe CS driver, select the specific printer THEN hit Print>print in order for the job to be released

It seems as though the Adobe CS driver is not picking up the user code credentials in the Fiery driver and that is what is causing this issue.

Any thoughts on a resolution on this issue?

djzolla
09-20-2012, 01:28 AM
HI there

We have come across many issues with Adobe CS products in the past. Ultimately it seems the App does not speak to the driver until the user selects the 'printer' tab iwthing the Adobe App. This kick starts to the communbication with the driver. You can try creating presets within the Adobe App itself, this sometimes overcomes the issue as you pre-configure the Adobe App to speak to the driver etc.

Read up on how to do this in the Adobe help if you are unaware how to configure this.

It's a comms issue between the two. What version of CS is it?

Cheers

bailey24
09-21-2012, 06:25 AM
Thank you for your response. My customer uses several different versions of Adobe CS as well as MAC OS. I will test your suggestion and hope that addresses the issue

Regards

djzolla
09-25-2012, 08:19 AM
Hi

If you need any help I could create a little video for you, if and when I get the time! Let me know if you are struggling.

Cheers