PDA

View Full Version : CP1000 problem with panels showing on gradient business card

jimzenglish
06-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Hi there I have a problem with business card (pdf) I'm printing through a CP1000 using Fiery EX1000 server. The business card has a gradient background and is creating a single panel look on top third of gradient. All text over gradient is converted to paths as and only has basic logo so not sure what would cause the problem.

thistlegorm
06-12-2012, 11:42 PM
How are you submitting the pdf ? drag & drop onto CWS / Hotfolder or via Driver ? if submitting via the former do you get any difference by enabling / disabling APPE ?Also if you submit your pdf with CMYK Colour Conversion off i.e. you don't push through a Simulation profile - does this make a difference ?

jimzenglish
06-17-2012, 03:36 PM
How are you submitting the pdf ? drag & drop onto CWS / Hotfolder or via Driver ? if submitting via the former do you get any difference by enabling / disabling APPE ?Also if you submit your pdf with CMYK Colour Conversion off i.e. you don't push through a Simulation profile - does this make a difference ?

Hi there thanks for reply, submitting via Hotfolder so no driver involved. I will get tested with APPE Enabled and see if this makes a difference.
The pdf is a supplied file, can you tell me how I can view any embedded Color Profiles within the pdf?

Thanks

thistlegorm
06-17-2012, 10:04 PM
If you right click your file & select preview, select a page - right click again & edit - this will open up in Acrobat you can use Pitstop to see whether you have any embedded ICC profiles..

jimzenglish
06-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the advice. We enabled APPE on the business card and it fixed the problem. Cheers :)