PDA

View Full Version : Colour problem

tcp keith
03-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Hi Im using CW 5.3.1.32d with a KM c5501
I have a PDF which when veiwed in original file or in PDF has a background value in CMYK of 15% Y when it prints doesnt look 15%y more like 15y 5 m 5 c 5k , I have gone into spot colours and made a 15%y and printed the patches works fine.
When printing patches lets say 20% of each colour seprately and then read with the ES-1000 spectometer then vales done read 20%, have had KM out and colour care it. the engine seems if you only need to get the grey balance setup go out a fraction alters everything colour wise.
Also when doing a calibration in CW print the sheet A3 34 sort patches read values back in doesnt seem to alter anything one would expect to see the calibration curve alter to the base line(thick line on display.) whats going on???

thistlegorm
03-13-2012, 11:50 AM
tcp keith,

Are you printing your 15% Y only through a simulation profile like SWOP / Fogra ? as this will give you exactly what you are describing - in your Basic Colour workflow try using "Bypass Conversion" for the CMYK Path & retry does that work..

tcp keith
03-14-2012, 02:57 AM
If you are talking about the colour input section, CMYK/grayscale, this was on ISO coated, I have put that to none made a little difference but wouldnt say its correct.
If I then measured it in spot colour patches with spectrometer reads 3c 1m 15y 0k
If I tell it its just 15%y and print theat patch sheet remeasure that is says its 3.5c 1m 24y 0k