PDA

View Full Version : c350 PPD/Fiery Controler

Heavenly
02-09-2012, 08:08 AM
I have a buzhub c350 that I am trying to use w/my mac 10.6.8.

I have be unable to find a ppd for my OS. It was suggested to find a fiery controller to try to get my OS to talk to the copier. I don't know what type of fiery I have or how to tell.

It was suggested to download the IC-401 print controller from the Minolta site. I did, but in the printer software it has EFI Fiery X3e 22C-KM PS Color Server v2.0. The tech I was speaking to says that wasn't the correct software. :confused:

PLEASE HELP!!! What do I do. There has to be a way to link my OS 10.6.8 to my bizhub.

Scott_W
02-09-2012, 09:43 AM
First thing, are you sure you are printing to a Fiery controller on your C350, or to the KM embedded controller? If you are not sure please ask your dealer.
Assuming it is the Fiery controller, then it is called the IC-401 by KM, and here is what you should try:
1.) Go to http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/download/SearchResults.aspx?productname=IC-401 Scroll down to Intel Mac 10.4.x section. Download “ic401_ps_macX4i_v20_efigs_inst.zip” (also download “OSX CUPS filter update.zip” – you may need this file too)
2.) Unzip the first file and then run the included “OSX Installer”. This will install driver components and may take up to 10 minutes to finish.
3.) Before configuring printer, find out what IP address your Fiery is using (Fiery Configuration page will show this, or, if you use Command Workstation, it too will show this)
4.) Configure printer: Go to Mac’s “Print & Fax” and add printer.
Protocol = Line Printer Daemon – LPD
Address = [IP address of Fiery]
Queue = print (type in lower case)
Print using = Other…
5.) A dialog appears; go to [HDD name]/Library/Printers/PPDS/Contents/Resources/EN.LProj
Highlight “Fiery x3e 22C-KM PS v2.0” ; then select “Open”; then select “Add”
6.) In next “Installable options” screen, you need to select whatever features/options you have on your C350 copier
7.) Now your Fiery printer is set up. Print a typical job. Does job print?
8.) If it does not, install the second file you downloaded (Step 1 above)

If you are still having problems you will need to work with your local KM dealer.
I should let you know that the IC-401, technically, is not supported for use with 10.6 (though I got mine to work fine using this driver on a 10.6.8 iMac)

(I would strongly recommend you do not upgrade Mac to 10.7 if you plan to continue using this 8-year old Fiery controller)