PDA

View Full Version : IDEAlliance Certification for the C901 and E-81

acowan
01-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Has anyone tried running through the steps for creating a profile and implemeting it in a E-81 Ricoh C901 workflow for the IDEAlliance Certification? I can create my profile fine, the calibration itself looks fine but when I print out the IDEAlliance Control Strip my average delta e is above 6. I need to get the delta e below 3. I did follow the IDEAlliance/ EFI white paper. Has anyone else had any luck?

Lou_P
01-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Getting those low ∆Es requires great process control. here are some basic questions, if you can answer I will give you ideas of what to try.

How many warmup sheets did you print before your calibration page? Which calibration patch set did you use with the ES-1000? How many warmup pages before the profiling pages? How many profiling patches? Did you measure withe ES-1000? One measurement or multiple that you let CPS average? What Expert Black settings did you use? If you loaded them from a factory default profile let me know which one. Finally, what paper are you using? What colors are your peak ∆Es in? I assume you have a UV Cut ES-1000 but please confirm.

acowan
01-04-2012, 01:51 PM
I have the overall delta e below three, avearge is 2.68 but the Cyan primary is causing the issue at 9.24. The areas of concern is anything that is 100% Cyan in the IDEAlliance ISO Digital Control Strip. If you know the strip well A2 ( 100% Cyan), B10 (100% C, 100% Y) and B13 (100% C, 40% M) are causing the issues. Calibration was done after running 20 sheets and the profile was created from measurements from a sheet that was the 50th copy. Xrite was used to scan the info but the client does not have Fiery Color Profiler and is using Oris Profilemaker. I am going to suggest we bring in CPS as I know that alot better. If we go this route what should I be looking for with the K settings and overall ink limits? Thanks in advance.

Lou_P
01-04-2012, 03:50 PM
CPS is indeed better. With CPS you will set max ink to 400%. For the black setting CPS will let the customer pick any profile on the Fiery - so have them pick the output profile for the paper most like they are profiling and CPS imports the black settings factory experts used when profiling it. This gives the best result in almost all cases and the novice can do this as easily as an expert.

For the problem you describe I'd look at your calibration results. Go to Calibrator, set Expert mode and use the View Measurements - Measurements v. Target. For Cyan what is the "Meas" and "Targ" D-maxes?

acowan
01-09-2012, 11:57 AM
The Cyan Measure is 1.71 while the Target is 1.7 which was altered as per the EFI IDEAlliance white paper for GRAcol. I noticed the calibration measurement from last week was 1.84 so I am reprofiling the engine to see if this brings us back in range of where we need to be.

I am also trying to get my hands on EFI CPS. Thanks for the help.

CPS is indeed better. With CPS you will set max ink to 400%. For the black setting CPS will let the customer pick any profile on the Fiery - so have them pick the output profile for the paper most like they are profiling and CPS imports the black settings factory experts used when profiling it. This gives the best result in almost all cases and the novice can do this as easily as an expert.

For the problem you describe I'd look at your calibration results. Go to Calibrator, set Expert mode and use the View Measurements - Measurements v. Target. For Cyan what is the "Meas" and "Targ" D-maxes?

RichardT
03-12-2012, 03:31 AM
If this issue is still pending, I suggest to talk to a representative that services your printer. FOGRA certification on C901 was achieved, after a couple of tweaks on the engine side. Perhaps similar tweaks are needed for your certification.

Kind regards,
Richard.