PDA

View Full Version : OSX 10.7 Error Message

springwood
12-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Just installed OSX 10.7 and have also updated CWS to 10.3.0.57.

When CWS starts up this is the error message:

14:45:34: can't open file '/private/etc/smb.conf' (error 2: No such file or directory)
14:45:35: Directory '/var/folders/eP' couldn't be created (error 13: Permission denied)
14:45:42: Directory '/var/folders/eP/ePntU3CXHCGX-ICTdgnQlE+++TI/-Tmp-/_APFTemps_' couldn't be created (error 2: No such file or directory)

Also I cannot view properties on any Job Title.

Greta_C
12-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Does your user login have administrator rights, or only user?

springwood
12-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Yes I am login as admin.

Just installed OSX 10.7 and have also updated CWS to 10.3.0.57.

When CWS starts up this is the error message:

14:45:34: can't open file '/private/etc/smb.conf' (error 2: No such file or directory)
14:45:35: Directory '/var/folders/eP' couldn't be created (error 13: Permission denied)
14:45:42: Directory '/var/folders/eP/ePntU3CXHCGX-ICTdgnQlE+++TI/-Tmp-/_APFTemps_' couldn't be created (error 2: No such file or directory)

Also I cannot view properties on any Job Title.

Mike_R
12-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Hi,
I would strongly urge you to update to CWS5.3.1.32 (the latest posted version); that resolved some of the odd 10.7 messages you are seeing in other cases.

Please post back if you are still seeing problems after updating.

-Mike

springwood
12-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Have installed CWS5 3.1.32 no different.

Error message attached.

Rod

Hi,
I would strongly urge you to update to CWS5.3.1.32 (the latest posted version); that resolved some of the odd 10.7 messages you are seeing in other cases.

Please post back if you are still seeing problems after updating.

-Mike

Greta_C
12-13-2011, 06:37 PM
We saw a bug with 10.7 where it had trouble resolving names to IP addresses over wireless network connections.

To see if this is the same bug, could you try adding the Fiery to CWS using it's IP address, not it's name? Is the error gone?

springwood
12-13-2011, 08:08 PM
Hi,
Yes I have used the ip address and still the same message.
Rod

springwood
12-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Hi,

Does anybody know when or if CWS5 will work on Lion and if not when is their going to be a update for this serious major problem.

Rod

Mike_R
12-15-2011, 10:32 AM
Can you also change the current location of the Cache setting in the Cache pane of the CWS5 preferences to a different directory? Once I did that, the /var/folders error message went away for me and I was able to use Job Properties normally.

After you try that, can you summarize the error messages you are still getting with the recent version you posted?

springwood
12-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Can you also change the current location of the Cache setting in the Cache pane of the CWS5 preferences to a different directory? Once I did that, the /var/folders error message went away for me and I was able to use Job Properties normally.

After you try that, can you summarize the error messages you are still getting with the recent version you posted?

Hi,
What folder could I use as a different Cache Folder?
Rod

Mike_R
12-15-2011, 03:12 PM
You could create any folder on your Mac and point the cache to it. I have seen this problem before when it was pointed to a folder that couldn't be accessed. If you have access to a particular folder as a user, the software should easily be able to access it, too.
-Mike

springwood
12-15-2011, 09:46 PM
You could create any folder on your Mac and point the cache to it. I have seen this problem before when it was pointed to a folder that couldn't be accessed. If you have access to a particular folder as a user, the software should easily be able to access it, too.
-Mike

Hi,
That didn't make any difference. Have attached two of the error messages I received.
Rod

springwood
12-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Hi,

Resetting the Chache folder didn't work, but resetting the Temporary Path folder did work in the CWS preferences.

Thanks for your suggestion to change the chache folder this gave me the idea to change the temporary folder position.

Rod

Remi.Bargmann
01-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Thank you all for your support, after I tried this on 10.6.8 and 10.8.2 CWS 5.3 and 5.4 work fine again.

Regards

Remi