PDA

View Full Version : OSX Lion drivers?

djzolla
12-01-2011, 03:26 AM
Hi there

It has now been 4 months since the release of Lion. What is the ETA of the drivers for Fierys please? My clients are going crazy everytime I speak with them. Honestly is there any other manufacturer having issues writing OSX Lion drivers? Answer: NO!

What is the difficulty here? I can't understand why it takes so long to write drivers? Is it a cost vs R&D thing or what? Are we going to have the same issue as we did with Snow Leopard? Pour some resources into this man!

EFI need to catch a wake up here or risk losing market share especially with Xerox devices.

Forgive me if I come across a little harsh, it is more conveying how angry my clients are with this rediculous wait time!

Any indication of ETA for these drivers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

adam1991
12-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Hate to say it, but EFI keeps piling on the reasons *not* to use a Fiery, and to use something else instead.

Printfun
12-01-2011, 12:33 PM
I have also been a huge Fiery proponent the last couple of years, but you start to run out of things you can tell your customer after a while. They were okay at first with the interim fix of the Fiery Universal driver, but this far past the 10.7 release, they are looking for full inclusion.

z1300
12-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Not sure if this helps but I just use the PC PPD. Do the same thing every time Apple releases an OS if there isn't a supported driver available.

Gary_S
12-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Team,

I know it can never be soon enough, and we do appreciate your patience during this process. EFI has released several updated drivers to our OEM's for testing, and we expect those will be rolled out to the field very soon.

Paul and Adam, which products specifically do you need drivers for your customers, and I can provide you with an ETA.

Gary

trey138
12-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Team,

I know it can never be soon enough, and we do appreciate your patience during this process. EFI has released several updated drivers to our OEM's for testing, and we expect those will be rolled out to the field very soon.

Paul and Adam, which products specifically do you need drivers for your customers, and I can provide you with an ETA.

Gary

While you're at it, can we get a version of CWS that'll run under a non-admin account on Lion?

Mike_R
12-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Hi,
The latest version of CWS that is posted (5.3.1.32) works fine for me with a Standard account in Lion. I needed admin credentials to install, but once installed it looks like it's working fine for me. Can you give me more details about how it is not working for you under a Standard account?

-Mike

adam1991
12-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Team,

Gary

Xerox 550/external Fiery.

Printfun
12-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Xerox 550/external Fiery.

We are needing this one too.

Thanks!

Craig M
12-07-2011, 08:28 AM
These will be released the 1st quarter of 2012. Hang in there.

Gary_S
12-07-2011, 09:14 AM
The first effort is to update certain Mac drivers using a VISE installer to a Package Maker installer. While a Mac driver using a VISE installer previously installed on Mac OS 10.6 which was upgraded to Mac OS 10.7 will work, a Mac driver using a VISE installer can not be installed on Mac OS 10.7. This effort will allow these drivers to be installed on 10.7, and you can print from the majority of applications on 10.7. The main exception we are aware of, is a known limitation printing from Preview and Text Edit. (printing from Office, Adobe Suite Applications, and other apps work just fine) For customers that need to print from Preview and Text Edit, we recommend the Fiery Express driver, EFI released the same day as the 10.7 OS release. We have already released a large number of updated drivers, converted from VISE to Package Maker installers to our OEM's for their approval and release.

The second effort underway is to update our drivers to be 100% Mac OS X 10.7 compliant, including the ability to print from Preview and Text Edit. As Craig correctly points out, those updated drivers will be released in Q1.

But please note, the product you mention, Xerox 550/external Fiery, was built with a package maker installer, which means there should be no problem at all installing and using the full functionality of this driver on Mac OS X 10.7. The only exception is you will not be able to print from Preview and Text Edit. (we will have an updated driver for that soon, but for the time being, you may use the Fiery express driver)

Can you please confirm you are seeing the same thing?

There is a more detailed description of what I mentioned located here: http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthread.php/2708-Fiery-Print-Driver-support-for-Mac-10.7?highlight=lion

Gary_S
12-09-2011, 06:35 AM
Adam / Printfun,

Just following up. Were you able to confirm the drivers that shipped with the 550/560 work with Mac OSx 10.7?

Djzolla,

Which product specifically did you need a driver for, perhaps your Fiery product already supports 10.7 like the 550/560. If it does not, I can provide you with an eta on where we are with our release or testing schedule.

Your feedback is appreciated,

Gary

abizar
12-13-2011, 09:34 AM
I think Xerox has released drivers for EX700 for OS X.7 on the website there is a 10.7 Driver loaded up 5 days ago.

Any ideas on how I can get printing to a 4110 on EXP4110 using 10.7?

dennisnn
12-21-2011, 07:15 AM
Hi

We are having some major problems printing through our Fiery controller on a Konica Minolta BizHub C253. Even though we are using the Universal Express driver the iMac’s are just printing directly to the printer. When will you have the “full” driver ready for this machine? And will it fix the problem or can we make some changes to the Express driver to make it work?
Everything works great when we are dragging files directly to Workstation, but this is a really bad solution for us.

Hope you are able to help us.

Scott_W
12-21-2011, 08:02 AM
dennisnn, currently there are no plans for a 10.7 compatible "full" driver to be released for KM IC-409. Please voice loudly your displeasure directly to KM. If KM hears this from their customers they may change their stance and ask EFI to release a 10.6/10.7 driver for this Fiery.

Meanwhile your options are:
- use Express driver for basic printing
- import into CWS and set properties there
- utilize Hot Folders/Virtual Printers. This would be a paid option for this Fiery. Contact your KM dealer for details.

z1300
12-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Are there plans to release drivers for DC5065 V1.1 / 1.2, SP4000 V1.0 & DC5065II 6075II V2.0?

Thanks

adam1991
12-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Hi

We are having some major problems printing through our Fiery controller on a Konica Minolta BizHub C253. Even though we are using the Universal Express driver the iMac’s are just printing directly to the printer.

What does this mean?

I *think* you mean that the iMac computers are configured to go to the Print queue instead of the Hold queue, and those users' jobs are printing directly out instead of holding at the Fiery?

That has nothing to do with the print driver itself, and has everything to do with how you programmed the iMac computers to talk to the Fiery when you set up the print drivers.

Loeschl
12-22-2011, 07:41 AM
My solution is to use the PPD and to make litte changes on it.

Did write and explain it into my Blog.

Here the link with google english translation, because its written in german language.

http://www.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&langpair=de%7Cen&u=http%3A%2F%2Fosx.loeschl.com%2F?p=125

dennisnn
12-22-2011, 07:42 AM
My solution is to use the PPD and to make litte changes on it.

Did write and explain it into my Blog.

Here the link with google english translation, because its written in german language.

http://www.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&langpair=de%7Cen&u=http%3A%2F%2Fosx.loeschl.com%2F?p=125

Where can I download the PPD?

Loeschl
12-22-2011, 07:47 AM
you can download the ppd:
1.) from the fiery via web-browser
2.) from the sales company (canon, xerox,..)
3.) could be by efi too ?

djzolla
01-05-2012, 04:43 AM
Hi Gary

Excuse the late reply. We really need a full driver option for system 8 rev2 on Canon/EFI products. Clients are really annoyed that they have had to wait 6 months and counting for a fully functional driver. What is the ETA for these drivers please?

Thanks

Paul

Anna_dM
01-05-2012, 06:16 AM
Hi there,

10.7 drivers for S8R2 controllers have been released to Canon.
They can also be downloaded from our web site:
http://services.efi.com/support/drivers/download1.asp?oem=efi
Select Canon on the left inside and a list of available drivers will display.
Those with a double "xx" close to the product name are 10.7 drivers.
On this version printing from sandbox applications is not supported.
Printing from all Adobe applications, Word from Mac etc is fully supported including all printing options.
Regards,

Anna