PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with toner fusing to Xerox Cast Coated Supergloss Card on CP1000

jimzenglish
09-12-2011, 12:22 AM
Hi there I'm having trouble with toner fusing to Xerox Cast Coated Supergloss Card on CP1000. Card is 275gsm gloss one side/uncoated reverse. Settings all correct stock wise:
Have set to highest weight - 350gsm
Set fuser temp to +10c max setting

Gloss side is very glossy but stock is Xerox and compatible with all it's printers. Toner looks ok when comes out but scratches off very easily.

Any other settings on Fiery/CW that may help??

neildigital
09-13-2011, 02:33 PM
I have found sometimes, that you can overheat the toner and that makes it scratch off.

Try reducing the heat settings...

I have a 700 and on a coated 200gsm stock it prefers and fuses better set on 150gsm setting, ratherthan the correct 170-220gsm setting.

Neil

thistlegorm
09-14-2011, 03:36 AM
Neil,

Nice pictures on your Website - were they taken @ Ras Muhammed in the Red Sea ??

Only problem with setting fuser temperatures lower than the Stock Weight is that it can damage the fuser assy with the toner not completely fusing causing the fuser web to have to work considerably more & the potential for offsetting on the Heat / Pressure roller thus causing premature failure of the module.
It's also the reason why the software wont let you auto duplex 300GSM - but some machines will if you drop it to 220gsm - fine as long as it works - when it jams & you can't remove the stock or it breaks another component whilst being extracated -

jimzenglish
09-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Since this post I've discovered the Xerox Supergloss stock isn't on RML list for CP1000. I've been given BJ Ball Aradia Cast Coated 300gsm as a suggested replacement.