PDA

View Full Version : EFI has released a universal Mac OS X 10.7 Fiery Print Driver

Bob_B
07-21-2011, 09:13 AM
EFI has released a Fiery Express Driver which is a universal driver that can be used with any Fiery. The driver will provide basic feature support for Fiery printing. The Fiery Express Driver is a solution that can be installed on any Macintosh using Mac OS X 10.7 to provide basic feature support for Fiery printing. Macintosh OS X 10.7 users who want to print using Fiery features should print to the Fiery “Held” queue then use Command WorkStation 5.x to edit the Job Properties.

The Fiery Express driver will support the following features for Fiery printing:
• Duplex
• Stapling
• Output Paper Size
• Color Mode
• Composite Overprint

Please see the attached driver and Fiery Express Driver Setup Guide for additional information.

EFI has also posted this driver and setup guide on EFI’s public download site

Creation-Art
08-07-2011, 01:50 AM
Hi this has been added to the Xerox website, do they check the new drivers before adding them to compatible printer list.. as the Docu 240/250/242/252 is not listed within the printer list.

DocuColor 240/250 with built-in Fiery controller Drivers & Downloads http://bit.ly/q3HseW

DocuColor 240/250 with built-in Fiery controller Support & Drivers
File Download: Mac OS X Universal Binary Print Driver 10.7
Filename UBPD_2.32.0_611.dmg
Version 2.32.0-611
Date Jul 22, 2011
Size 70.8 MB
PPDs and plugins for PowerPC- and Intel-based Macintosh systems running Mac OS X 10.5,10.6,10.7

RWMaki
08-24-2011, 07:29 AM
I have a Konica Minolta CF3102
Stopped working with the update to Mac OSx Lion
After Installation - Test Print Cause 'Pause'

EFI has released a Fiery Express Driver which is a universal driver that can be used with any Fiery. The driver will provide basic feature support for Fiery printing. The Fiery Express Driver is a solution that can be installed on any Macintosh using Mac OS X 10.7 to provide basic feature support for Fiery printing. Macintosh OS X 10.7 users who want to print using Fiery features should print to the Fiery “Held” queue then use Command WorkStation 5.x to edit the Job Properties.

The Fiery Express driver will support the following features for Fiery printing:
• Duplex
• Stapling
• Output Paper Size
• Color Mode
• Composite Overprint

Please see the attached driver and Fiery Express Driver Setup Guide for additional information.

EFI has also posted this driver and setup guide on EFI’s public download site

JohnA
09-08-2011, 09:44 AM
So this is an updated driver for people who were using this Fiery Driver Software for Mac 10.6 before? Which was:

Mac_User_Software.zip
Type: Client Utilities
Language: All Languages
Comments: All Fiery Driver 2.9 and older Fiery Driver 3.0 versions cannot print
on Mac OS X 10.6. Running
File Size: 356407 bytes
Date Released: 9/30/2009

Thanks!

mmeyer73
09-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Does anyone know of any driver that will work in Mac OSX Lion for an image pass C1 on a Canon ir3220? I am looking for support for the printer feature fiery job notes/owner information. The intel driver works but the fiery job notes are not compatible with all of the 'apple' applications (safari, preview, etc.) when using department IDs.

Karl_T
09-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Unfortunately, there is nothing newer than the Intel Mac driver specific to the imagePASS C1 as it has been discontinued for several years.

You could (at your own risk) try using the driver for a newer product such as imagePASS H1 but that would still be unsupported (with the imagePASS C1).
------------------------------------

Does anyone know of any driver that will work in Mac OSX Lion for an image pass C1 on a Canon ir3220? I am looking for support for the printer feature fiery job notes/owner information. The intel driver works but the fiery job notes are not compatible with all of the 'apple' applications (safari, preview, etc.) when using department IDs.

sadello
09-09-2011, 10:35 AM
I have a Konica Minolta CF3102
Stopped working with the update to Mac OSx Lion
After Installation - Test Print Cause 'Pause'

I have the same Problem. Cf3102 with Fiery X3e doesn't work at all. I've installed the driver a few times... PLEASE, EFI, help us!

Scott_W
09-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Any Fiery model that connected to CF3102 (circa 2003) does not support printing via print driver 10.6 or 10.7

You may try the Fiery Express Driver on a 10.7 Mac, as is mentioned earlier in this thread, but there is no guarantee it will work.

Since you are working with latest OS version on this Mac, and presumably with latest applications that are supported by 10.7, you need to seriously consider upgrading your printer to current as well.

broadwayprint
10-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Hi!

I know you guys are working on Updated Drivers for OS X Lion, but I just wanted to know if there was a timeline on when it would be available (2 months, 6 months, 8 months).

My company is about to order some new iMacs (OSX Lion installed) and I am trying to get them to hold off until we know something from EFI. I haven't upgraded the current Mac because of the issues I am seeing in the forums with the 'temporary' update.

Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Jason
------------------------------------------------------------
- ImagePRESS C6000 with A1100 Fiery -

Karl_T
10-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Hi Jason,

I understand the situation.

For an estimation as to when it would be available, we would need to refer you to Canon.

In the meantime, the Universal Driver mentioned at the beginning of this thread is the temporary solution.

Best Regards

Hi!

I know you guys are working on Updated Drivers for OS X Lion, but I just wanted to know if there was a timeline on when it would be available (2 months, 6 months, 8 months).

My company is about to order some new iMacs (OSX Lion installed) and I am trying to get them to hold off until we know something from EFI. I haven't upgraded the current Mac because of the issues I am seeing in the forums with the 'temporary' update.

Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Jason

broadwayprint
10-11-2011, 07:20 AM
Hi Jason,

I understand the situation.

For an estimation as to when it would be available, we would need to refer you to Canon.

In the meantime, the Universal Driver mentioned at the beginning of this thread is the temporary solution.

Best Regards

Thanks! I will contact Canon but i have a feeling they are going to tell me nothing new.
Will keep checking in.

Thanks again!!

Jason

djzolla
10-28-2011, 08:35 AM
Hi there

I have a number of "not very happy" clients constantly asking us for the full driver for 10.7. Is there any ballapark time frames that I can give them please?

Thanks

Paul

Gary_S
12-09-2011, 06:43 AM
Hi there

I have a number of "not very happy" clients constantly asking us for the full driver for 10.7. Is there any ballapark time frames that I can give them please?

Thanks

Paul

Paul,

A number of Fiery products already support 10.7, and we are releasing updates now for others which do not. Which specific Fiery products are your clients asking you for updates for, and we can provide a more accurate ETA.

Thanks,

Gary

ncmccance
12-15-2011, 03:07 AM
Paul,

A number of Fiery products already support 10.7, and we are releasing updates now for others which do not. Which specific Fiery products are your clients asking you for updates for, and we can provide a more accurate ETA.

Thanks,

Gary

Hi Gary,

Any word on when you're releasing an update for the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE C7055 running Fiery 8e Release 2?

Nate

--------------------------------------------------
- Canon ImageRUNNER ADVANCE C7055 -

tonyholes
01-04-2012, 01:59 PM
I am pretty sure this is something Xerox wouldn't recommend but if you download the Win7 post script driver and just use the PPD file in that download and it should work for Mac 10.7 Lion.

Thanks
Tony

Bob_B
01-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Please see http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthread.php/2824-OS-10.7-compatible-drivers-available for updates regarding Mac OS 10.7 compatible drivers.

encephalon
01-18-2012, 02:20 AM
Any chance the IC-406 from the Konica Minolta C352 will be supported? It's not *that* old of a printer. :) Mine works great.

Scott_W
01-18-2012, 07:08 AM
For that Fiery, no full-featured 10.7 compatible driver is forthcoming.

Kristen
01-26-2012, 07:45 PM
HI!
I am a support tech, and have only one client right now who is trying to utilize the universal Fiery Express driver. She has a Canon 3080 with an ImagePass J1. I cannot figure out how to designate the Held queue as the destination for jobs from this driver....? Tried setting it as the queue name when creating the printer, but that does not work...can anyone help? I read in the setup that this driver was to be used to route documents to CWS, from which the properties can be configured.
Any help would be appreciated!!

Bruce_W
01-27-2012, 08:42 AM
Hello,

When setting up the printer not the Mac, choose an IP printer.
Protocol: Line Printer Daemon
Address: IP Address of the Fiery
Queue: hold
Name: Can be anything.
Print Using: Fiery Express Macdrv

Best regards,
Bruce