PDA

View Full Version : Calibration - Canon rips

djzolla
07-06-2011, 07:22 AM
Hi there

I have a query in regards to Canon Fierys vs Xerox Fierys.

Basically When you calibrate a Canon Fiery you can not create your own calibration set (or so I think!). Therefore you can only select 100gsm paper for calibration. This does not make sense to me as on a Xerox you can calibrate using calbration sets you create that you tie into a particular paper type and calibrate on that.

Am I wrong when I say you should always calibrate on the paper in question? It does not make sense to calibrate on 100gsm and apply this to an extra heavyweight profile no? Is there something I am missing on a Canon Fiery?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

shmegenke
07-06-2011, 09:17 AM
I believe this is how it is supposed to work.

Some of the older Canon products such as the H1, T1 and Q2 used only one calibration set. My understanding is that the intent was that the Canon engine was to handle the white translation based on the paper stock used in the print job.

I think that the newer products such as the A1 and B1 will let you calibrate to different stocks.

S

Hi there

I have a query in regards to Canon Fierys vs Xerox Fierys.

Basically When you calibrate a Canon Fiery you can not create your own calibration set (or so I think!). Therefore you can only select 100gsm paper for calibration. This does not make sense to me as on a Xerox you can calibrate using calbration sets you create that you tie into a particular paper type and calibrate on that.

Am I wrong when I say you should always calibrate on the paper in question? It does not make sense to calibrate on 100gsm and apply this to an extra heavyweight profile no? Is there something I am missing on a Canon Fiery?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

djzolla
07-15-2011, 07:40 AM
Hi there

Thanks for the response. Yes you are correct in saying the new rips have this option. Good news for the future for us.