PDA

View Full Version : Color consistency problems through print run

CustomMP
06-06-2011, 03:07 PM
We have a Xerox printer and are having a substantial color shift throughout a print run. We have run a calibration prior to starting the job and the initial copy is correct however the colors are quite different after even 50 prints. The color shift problem increases the more you run so print 100 is even further off from the initial print. We have tried running prints off the glass without any color consistency issues so the problem lies somewhere in how the Fiery is interpreting the print rather than a problem in the printer itself. We have tried running the job continuously, resending the job, recalibrating all to no avail. Current print settings:
Program managing color
Absolutely colorimetric
SWOP CMYK
We are running the following, although the problem exists regardless of the stock we run on:
Xerox Docucolor 252
EFI Fiery System 8, Version 2.0
Stock- Titan Digital Plus 80 lb cover
Machine Setting- Coated 3, although the problem is consistent if we run on coated 2 as well
The Fiery at the moment seems incapable of printing the same color on print one and print fifty. Any suggestions?

Gary_S
06-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Custom MP,

I know a good number of people reading your post will likely ask which Xerox engine and Fiery you have. Would also be helpful to understand the stock you are printing on.

Thanks,

Gary

CustomMP
06-06-2011, 04:01 PM
We are running the following, although the problem exists regardless of the stock we run on:
Xerox Docucolor 252
EFI Fiery System 8, Version 2.0
Stock- Titan Digital Plus 80 lb cover
Machine Setting- Coated 3, although the problem is consistent if we run on coated 2 as well

Chad_P
06-07-2011, 07:07 AM
Which Fiery controller model do you have? There are two models for the Xerox DC252. Do you have the standalone EX260 controller (PC tower) or the Integrated Fiery for DC260/252/242 (Linux box bustled to the back of the printer)?

Could you also please attached a config sheet of the Fiery controller and a sample file?

CustomMP
06-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Greetings Chad,

We have the stand alone model. I will get that spec sheet for you shortly. For the sample file did you want a print file or a scan of the problem?

Thanks,
Jennie

Chad_P
06-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Greetings Chad,

We have the stand alone model. I will get that spec sheet for you shortly. For the sample file did you want a print file or a scan of the problem?

Thanks,
Jennie

Both a sample file and scans showing color differences between the beginning and end of a print run would be very helpful. I'd also be interested in the specific job properties used when printing the file.

Thanks,
Chad

CustomMP
06-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Greetings Chad,

I have attached a scan of the config sheet. I have the prints being scanned and should have those shortly. For the full print file the PDF is about 10 megs, do you have an attachment limit? For the print settings the image is a flattened Photoshop PDF. It is set up to print US Coated SWOP, Photoshop Manages Colors, Working CMYK, Absolute Colormetric.

Please let me know if you need anything else and thank you for your help on this!
Jennie

CustomMP
06-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Greetings Chad,

I have attached the image scans. I am not sure how clearly the image scans reflect the issue but in this case the magenta is getting ramped up so by print 250 the globe is pink. We had an job prior to this, where unfortunately we were unaware of this issue and ended up with a large amount of bad prints, where there was a yellow creep and by the end of the job the true red was orange. I will try sending the print file in a post following this one. Please let me know if you do not receive it.

Thanks,
Jennie

CustomMP
06-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Here is the print file.

Thanks,
Jennie

CustomMP
06-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Any suggestions on this? Currently we are unable to run jobs due to this malfunction.

Thanks,
Jennie

Chad_P
06-09-2011, 06:24 AM
Hi Jennie,
The configuration report that you attached is missing pages. Only pages 2 and 3 show up in the PDF. I'm most interested in the patches, which would start on page 4. Can you also attach this to the thread?

I'll reply to you offline with an ftp location to upload your source file.

Chad

k_graham
06-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Does it do it if the image is copied off the glass - if so its a Copier issue for Xerox to fix.

If it does it on images off the glass, I would also pull out the drum units from the copier and closest to you is a black strip that can be moved with your fingers, under it the toner drops down but in time the augers quit working and one of the toners will stop flowing - thus copies will quickly get progressively worse, you will see the toner flush to the top compared to the others so then you know what to tell Xerox so they bring parts.

Also before doing any Fiery Calibration you should first turn off copier, turn it on, then do a copier Gradation adjust.

Ken

CustomMP
06-16-2011, 04:29 PM
Greetings Chad,

I apologize for the delay, I have been out of the office with an injury. In any case please find attached a scan of the full config sheet. I also attached a PS test print page as our config sheet only has three pages and you mentioned wanting the information on the fourth page. I can also print and scan the color charts if they would be helpful. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Ken, the problem does not happen with off the glass images. Only images that run through the Fiery have the color shift occuring. Same image run off the glass prints consistently, so squarely a Fiery issue.

Thanks,
Jennie

thistlegorm
06-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Hi Jennie,

Having read your Config page- I note that none of the patches for the RIP have been loaded? probably an oversight - I would suggest downloading & installing all patches & successfully load them - then using the Fiery Driver Delete Utility - delete exisiting drivers off your clients - then download from your recently upgraded Fiery the new drivers & re-submit your file, if you still see the issue, then you can contact Xerox Software Support & escalate the issue - until this is done both Xerox & EFI wont touch your problem..