PDA

View Full Version : Image stretching

dabuer
04-27-2011, 08:12 AM
I am running 3-1/2 x 2 inch business cards 24 up on 12 x 18 sheets. Crop marks are added every 2 inches from top to bottom, when a sheet is ran the crop marks get progressively further off as the go down the sheet. I am running a Xerox 8000 press with the Fiery, don't know if this is a Fiery problem or a problem with the Xerox 8000. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Craig M
04-27-2011, 09:28 AM
Hi,
What version of system software, CWS (full version) and IOT firmware are you running?
Thanks,

dabuer
04-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Server info Software EFI Fiery System 8 version v1.0
Printer info Firmware Version 2.1 Firmware Version 0
I have both CWS 4 and 5 on the machine at this time.

thistlegorm
05-03-2011, 11:25 AM
It's more likely to be an issue mechanically with your DC8000 - 2nd BTR & / or something binding in the IBT area. You can log into the DC8000 tools & find the "Grid Test Pattern" this generates a 10mm x 10mm grid you can then print it on your 12 x 18 stock & see whether you can see the squares get longer throughout the print in the process direction ? but if you already have a service contract - place a service call for your friendly service tech to come out & give it the once over - I would be very surprised if it was the Fiery causing it..

StressFreePrint
05-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Whats the paper stock ure using????

Printfun
05-03-2011, 02:37 PM
I agree, it is very likely stock issue. Some types can shrink a little during printing.
If you are married to this particular stock, it is actually easier to adjust your cutting program to match the current output than trying to adjust your layout to make up the difference.

kfinney
06-17-2011, 06:47 AM
This is actually an issue with the Xerox side. I had the same issue recently on a Docucolor 252 with a bustled Fiery and I initially thought it was a problem with the Impose software. After imposing the business card in illustrator and also testing this problem off the glass (the problem was still persistent), I engaged my service tech. We found a tip that uses an NVM setting adjustment. The stretching was greatly reduced, however, it still occurs to a degree even when the NVM value is set to its maximum. I just emailed my tech to try to get you the search he used to find the Xerox how to.

Cheers