PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 driver upgrade/downgrade

jesctvs86
03-24-2011, 10:52 AM
I have a Kyocera 650 C and the client computers were upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 (64Bit). I downloaded the Windows 7 64 bit Kyocera Classic PCL Universal driver v2.2 and could not get the unit to print in color, even when color was selected/enabled. It was recommended that I use the Vista 64 bit GA-1310E Postscript driver to give me color again. Once I installed this driver color printing capabilities returned but now it will not detect the correct accessory and finisher options (staple, Duplex, LCF) Any info or feedback would be appreciated. Thank You

Fiery Server info:
GA-1310-261C
EFI Fiery System 8e
Version 1.0

Bruce_W
03-24-2011, 11:31 AM
Hello,

The GA-1310 PostScript driver is the right driver for Windows 7.

What do mean by the driver will not detect the correct finishing options? Is the correct IP address visible in the Accessories tab. If not can you correct this or add the accessories manually?

Thank you,
Bruce

jesctvs86
03-24-2011, 02:53 PM
Yes, the correct IP address is visible in the accessories tab. What I ment by finishing options is that when I select "update" the correct installed options do not self populate. I am also unable to add them manually from the available options list even when logged in as an administrator.

Bruce_W
03-24-2011, 03:25 PM
Hello,

Are you installing the driver as a local printer on the Windows 7 client or from a driver shared from a Windows Server?

To manually select the installable options you should be able to select the the option from inside the Availble options box. Once you've highlighted a option the Add button should become available to add the selection.

Thank you,
Bruce

jesctvs86
03-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Itís being installed as a local printer on the Windows 7 client; I removed and reinstalled the 650C and it was able to auto update and list the correct available options. Now when finishing options, such as staple or duplex, are selected none of them take effect. For example I sent a project that I wanted to have duplexed and stapled that was 8 pages in size; instead of 4 I got 8 individual pages and no staples. I looked at the printing preferences to see if there were any alerts or conflicts with the settings and was unable to find any. This only seems to be happening with the Windows 7 (64 Bit) Clients; I have Windows XP (32 Bit) clients that work fine and do not have these issues.

Bruce_W
04-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Hello,

Are you printing to the Print queue or the Direct queue? If printing to the Direct queue, try changing your Standard TCP/IP port or LPR port to print to the Print queue.

Thank you,
Bruce

jesctvs86
04-14-2011, 07:33 AM
Bruce,

That seemed to have resolved the issue....Thank You