PDA

View Full Version : Image adjusting quality

StressFreePrint
03-23-2011, 11:14 AM
Hi

i'm new to the forum

quick question??? We are running command workstation 5.2 on our xerox dc-1000 machine. I have noticed that if we are running a double sided job and the front is four colour and the reverse is single colour black it seems to adjust image quality inbetween every sheet, hence taking twice as long to run our job?????

Any help???

Thanks

markdyck
03-30-2011, 10:22 AM
That sounds like a machine specific issue, rather than a Fiery problem. That said, it's possible that your machine might have a different temperature setting for full colour vs. black. If that's the case, it will have to cycle temps between each side. I would ask your service tech if that's the case, and if the temperatures can be set to the same number. It might take some tweaking to get a universal temperature that will work with both. It might not be your problem, but it's at least a start!

Jones_Ed
09-02-2014, 07:23 AM
did this issue ever get resolved. I'm having the same problem with a 98 page document with mixed bw and colour sheets. It will take weeks to print the job with all of these adjustments.

thistlegorm
09-02-2014, 08:41 AM
This issue is fixed with a SPAR patch - FIT224154 you can download it from here:

https://liveupdate.efi.com/WebUpdater/default.aspx?uv=004&sid=d6d479a407eb551b55feb4b1fb0b7dc8EF119963.PPD

Please make sure you read the instructions before loading it as there are many Pre Req patches.

Alternatively if your RIP is on the net let the Fiery Patch Updater do its thing...

ColorQA_Victor
09-02-2014, 08:23 PM
This is the CP1000 printer, correct? What is the Fiery software version?

In short, you can change how the printer prints B/W and color pages by going to Fiery Configure and access the PS Setup interface. From this interface, change the setting for a feature I believe is named either Enable Black or Enable Black 2. This, of course, is only possible if the Fiery has this option enable. If you can tell what version of Fiery software you are running, I can check it out for you.

What is happening?

My understanding is that when this enable black feature is set to on and you have, say for a example, a mixed B/W and color job, the printer disengages the CMY imaging units for K only pages and then reengages the CMY imaging units when printing a color job. The engagement/disengagement process can take sometime as you are seeing.

When you set the default to Off, the CMYK imaging units are always engaged for B/W and color jobs. The issue you are experiencing will most likely not be seen with the setting set to off.

Why not just keep the feature off? It is my understanding that when the CMYK imaging units are engaged for B/W jobs, the CMY units take on unnecessary usage. Keeping the CMY imaging units disengaged during B/W runs will prolong the life of the CMY imaging units.

Jones_Ed
09-03-2014, 12:59 AM
Victor, you are a STAR.

I've just run a selection of pages from my job with the Black 2 setting off, and it runs at full speed. I have a second job to run today, more of the same, so that will be a good test.

We've had this machine for about two years now and haven't noticed it doing this, even with this kind of job. Do you know if the setting was changed to on by a patch or update to the Fiery software?

Thanks so much, Ed.
This is the CP1000 printer, correct? What is the Fiery software version?

In short, you can change how the printer prints B/W and color pages by going to Fiery Configure and access the PS Setup interface. From this interface, change the setting for a feature I believe is named either Enable Black or Enable Black 2. This, of course, is only possible if the Fiery has this option enable. If you can tell what version of Fiery software you are running, I can check it out for you.

What is happening?

My understanding is that when this enable black feature is set to on and you have, say for a example, a mixed B/W and color job, the printer disengages the CMY imaging units for K only pages and then reengages the CMY imaging units when printing a color job. The engagement/disengagement process can take sometime as you are seeing.

When you set the default to Off, the CMYK imaging units are always engaged for B/W and color jobs. The issue you are experiencing will most likely not be seen with the setting set to off.

Why not just keep the feature off? It is my understanding that when the CMYK imaging units are engaged for B/W jobs, the CMY units take on unnecessary usage. Keeping the CMY imaging units disengaged during B/W runs will prolong the life of the CMY imaging units.

oxident
09-03-2014, 03:27 AM
Just to avoid a huge surprise: Have you checked that your printer still counts the b/w pages as b/w?

Jones_Ed
09-03-2014, 04:37 AM
Yes, I checked in the log, it counts all of the blank pages and black only pages as black and the colour pages as colour, just what we wanted, as this allows us to price the job more competitively.

oxident
09-03-2014, 07:42 AM
And the "main counter" (on the printer itself) also reflects this?
Maybe I'm totally wrong but I've seen some problems regarding a mismatch between Fiery and printer counter a long time ago (on Xerox DC3535).

Jones_Ed
09-04-2014, 04:20 AM
I've just run another test and checked the billings and counters on the printer and yes, it does see black and colour prints. Phew, had me worried there for a moment.

oxident
09-05-2014, 11:51 AM
Good to hear. Sorry, I didn't want to worry you :cool:

Jones_Ed
09-08-2014, 01:51 AM
It's always better to cover all bases.