PDA

View Full Version : Fiery Pantone+ coated and Uncoated Libraries

djzolla
03-09-2011, 05:06 AM
Hi there

I was wondering whether EFI have created Pantone+ Libraries for the Fiery Rips yet? If so where can I get these please? If not will they be created and when please?

Thanks

Paul

Gary_S
03-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Paul,

Below is a link to a white paper you may find helpful on the management of spot colors on your Fiery. http://www.efi.com/documents/products/prepress/fiery/EFI_Fiery_Spot_On_WP.pdf

As far as where to download updated libraries, those can be found here:

http://efi.com/dm/pantone/

Let us know if you have any questions.

Gary

Gary_S
03-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Paul,

I'm just rereading your post, and realized I did not answer your question.

Short answer.... As of now, no Fiery Spot Color library for the PANTONE PLUS Series colors is available for the Fiery controllers. PANTONE PLUS Series libraries compatible with all Fiery models featuring Spot-On are expected to be available shortly, and EFI plans to distribute these libraries through our website, the same location I posted earlier. This will be the most elegant solution, and I will update this post when it is available.

Long Answer... All Fiery controllers already support Pantone Plus Series, as well as any other Spot Color System. For PDF documents downloaded with Command WorkStation and for PostScript files generated through the Fiery drivers, professional application software emitting spot colors always include information about named colors. All Fiery models have code to understand this information.

When color libraries are built-in or imported to a Fiery equipped with the Graphics Arts Package, Command WorkStation allows you to “tweak” the color values associated with individual color names. When colors are not built-in, you can add them: you may use Command WorkStation to create new color groups and new color names at will.

For instance, you can create a new group, name it “PANTONE PLUS Coated”, then add only the colors you want to tweak, let’s say “PANTONE 7548 C”. Names for the group are not important, but for the individual color names, it is critical to use upper and lower cases and spaces exactly like they appear in the PANTONE Color guides and applications swatches. Be aware that most of the PANTONE PLUS color names were already used by the PANTONE Coated and Uncoated libraries. You therefore do not need to add these colors manually in order to modify them. Spot-On includes a “Find” feature to help you locate these existing colors. This may be of use to you until the library is available for download.

Gary

djzolla
03-11-2011, 03:48 AM
Hi Gary

Thanks for the responses. Yes I am aware Pantone coated and coated plus use the same names for some of their colours, annoyingly:)

Unfortunately our clients are designers and do not have the time for tweeking etc. I guess we will wait for the libraries themselves:)

Many thanks for your time in responding.

Paul