PDA

View Full Version : Fiery system 8e for Xerox workcenter 7545

2fieryornot2fiery
03-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Hi

We have a workcenter 7545 and are wondering if the optional System 8e server will improve colour control and consistency ?

Our work flow is either pdf's sent via the xerox ps driver or a pre-ripped postscript downloaded direct to the printers hard drive.

The options available in the fiery driver are almost identical to the xerox ps driver apart from auto trapping which is a further optional extra. We have no need for job queuing or complex user permissions.

What benefits would we have with the fiery ?

Many thanks

Gary_S
03-04-2011, 02:28 PM
There is plenty of value in a Fiery controller, beyond what you mention. I attached a PDF from the Xerox website, which describes some of the features in Fiery, in addition to what you mention you just see from the driver. Check out the "job management" and "expert color settings" of the attached. Other optional features such as Color Profiler Suite, would allow you even more control over color. Ask your rep for some samples, and a demo.

Not sure what kind of work you do with your 7545, but Fiery VUE is a tool for this product, which is a very visual method of creating professional looking docs, beyond printing from the driver.

I'm sure you will get other feedback from other Fiery users.

Craig M
03-04-2011, 02:56 PM
The Fiery for the 7545 offers superior speed in processing files, outstanding color matching capabilities and productivity features not found in other controllers.
For example;

The Fiery is very fast and the more complex the document them more speed difference you will notice compared to the original controller.

Spot On allows you the ability to correctly match and reproduce Pantone spot colors typically used as company logo colors so your corporate color always prints out correctly. If the color is off slightly you can easily adjust the color with-in the Fiery to your desired color and then save that as the default for that color only without effecting any other color.

With the Hot Folder & Virtual Printer (HF/VP) option you can drag pdf, PS, EPS and Microsoft Office files right into the Fiery without having to open the application and print. This save valuable time, but also allow you to setup a custom workflow that will apply to all jobs placed in the HF/VP. So if you regularly need to print booklets you can set the HF/VP once and any job placed will be programed to print booklets. You can have many HF/VP combinations.

2fieryornot2fiery
03-05-2011, 01:49 AM
Thanks for the replies Craig,

Could you give me contact details of a rep in the u.k. that will organise an in house demo ?

Laurent_H
03-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Hi,

I sent you by private message the contact details of our Presales in the UK.

Hope this helps,

l-