PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with a few color questions

Steve@Pure
03-02-2011, 07:07 AM
Hello all, newbie here. I was hoping I could get a little help with using my efi ES-1000 to create icc profiles and matching customer supplied proofs, could any of you help me with this or perhaps point me in the direction of someone who could be of assistance? Let me know what you need me to tell you and I'll get straight on it!

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm a bit new to all of this (talk about being thrown in at the deep end!)

Regards,

Steve

Gary_S
03-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Steve,

Since you are a self described "newbie" I suggest you get some training on the tools you have, so you can effectively manage the task in front of you.

EFI has an e-learning tool, where you can sign up for many of the courses online. The price for these courses vary, but we do offer a free course called "Optimizing Color and Consistency on your Fiery Controller". This will give you a chance to explore the e-learning tool, before you decide if you want to purchase any additional course. The link is: https://training.efi.com/purchase/courses.asp

I'm sure you will also get advice from people on this forum, but suggest you also consider some training to get you started.

Thanks,

Gary

Steve@Pure
03-03-2011, 04:30 AM
Thank you Gary, I will explore the link and look into courses. I have organised a visit from a professional tomorrow which I hope will get me started in the right direction, and I have been reading up on as much info as I can find regarding this topic.

Many thanks for your help, I'm glad I found this forum! I shall keep you posted on my progress.

Steve