PDA

View Full Version : AS/400 and Fiery

tdinh
03-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Hi,

We have a customer that wants to setup an AS/400 print queue with the Fiery E7100/ MPC7500.

The customer would like to know the following settings that need to be specified when creating an AS/400 print queue:

- Manufacturer type and model (MFRTYPMDL): ?????
- System driver program (SYSDRVPGM ): ?????
- Workstation customizing object (WSCST) : ????

Do you have any instructions on how to setup AS/400 print queue?

Thanks
td

Rod_C
03-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Hello td,

The following settings should work for creating a Printer Device Description DEVD.
The direct queue on the Fiery must be configured to Port 9100. This is due to the AS/400 requiring bidirectional communication with the printer.

Setting Value
DEVCLS *LAN
TYPE 3812
MODEL 1
LANATTACH *IP
PORT 9100
ATTACH *DIRECT
ONLINE *YES
FONT 11
FORMFEED *AUTOCUT
SEPDRAWER *FILE
SEPPGM *NONE
PRTERRMSG *INQ
MSGQ *CTLD
QSYSOPR
QSYS
ACTTMR 170
INACTTMR *SEC15
LINESPEED 19200
WORDLEN 8
PARITY *NONE
STOPBITS 1
TRANSFORM *YES
MFRTYPMDL *WSCSTA4
PPRSRC1 *A4
PPRSRC2 *A4
ENVELOPE *C5
ASCII899 *NO
IMGCFG *NO
CHRID *SYSVAL
RMTLOCNAME "ip address of printer"
WSCST QWPDEFAULT
QSYS
USRDFNOBJ *NONE
USRDTATFM *NONE
SYSDRVPGM *HPPJLDRV

tdinh
03-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Hi
Many thanks for the information.
TD

mmcdonald
03-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Hi, I am the customer mentioned above and just by chance I stumbled upon this forum on a Google search.

I have tried those settings on our AS/400 and when I send a spool file to the OUTQ, it changes the status to PND then hangs for about 30 seconds then drops the queue completely. The only thing I can see in the log is that the writer ended abnormally, giving no reason why.

Have you got any other suggestions on how to set this up? I have been told that it may be possible to set the device up as a *RMT as opposed to *LAN but I am unsure how to actually configure an AS/400 printer this way.

Bruce_W
03-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Attached are steps for creating a remote OUTQ. Does it provide what you are looking for? Please let me know if it helps.

Thank you,
Bruce

mmcdonald
03-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Thanks for your quick reply. We successfully created the OUTQ and were able to print to it straight away. The only thing we had to play around with was the WSCST settings as we use A4 paper, not Letter, but it is now working perfectly.

Thanks again
Mark