PDA

View Full Version : Dark images from heavy coated card stock on a Xerox DC242 w/DC260 Bustled Fiery

store5820
02-26-2011, 07:18 AM
Have experienced when printing posted card on glossy Heavy 3 card stock images come out dark and flesh tones turn orange. I have calibrated the printer from from the scanner and had some luck, but still images are darker than if printed on 28lb paper. Does anybody have any solutions, besides getting involved with a spectrometer?

djzolla
02-28-2011, 03:40 AM
Hi there

As the output profiles would've been built on a specific paper type you probably will not get the exact desired results you are looking for.

When you say you calibrated the printer, do you mean just using the printers single sheet internal calibration or are you talking about calibrating the Fiery? If you have not calibrated the Fiery then I would recommend doing this. You will need a grey scale chart if you were to use the scanner unit.

If colour is paramount for you I would highly recommend purchasing a gretag i1/ES1000 device for future use.

Paul

thistlegorm
02-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Probably a dumb question but when you calibrated from the Scanner, did you print the Cal Sheet on the Extra Heavyweight Paper & calibrated from that ?

store5820
02-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Yes as a matter a fact did, but still a little dark. So I call Xerox service, the tech informed me that if you calibrate with just 28lb it works for all. Well I know that is not true, so I'm ordering the spectrometer to calibrate the Fiery.

k_graham
03-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Yes as a matter a fact did, but still a little dark. So I call Xerox service, the tech informed me that if you calibrate with just 28lb it works for all. Well I know that is not true, so I'm ordering the spectrometer to calibrate the Fiery.

May I assume you used the Heaviest Coated setting not just the Heaviest setting?

I do have the Spectro and it does better but I suspect in part due to better calibration of the monitor at 5000k which means the monitor is darker and perhaps that is why the better match. But that requires the Color Profiler software included.

Ken