PDA

View Full Version : IS the System software different for each machine?

Zwicker Press
02-18-2011, 07:47 PM
Is the system software dvd for an IC-408 ver 2.0 always the same?
I thought this controller was used on more than one machine, and I'm trying to find out if the iso I got will work with a c6500 or if not, how do i tell what printer(s) it will work with?

The disk image is called "acacia2.0_090808_151334.iso"

Scott_W
02-19-2011, 10:34 AM
There is two versions of v2.0 for your KM IC-408. One is original, which has as it's OS, WinXPe SP2. Now, KM has available v2.0 that is SP3 based.

The IC-408 system software will only function on the X3eTY2 platform that is designed to connect to the KM C6500 bizHub-class machine.

There are other Fiery system ISO's out there that could be v2.0, or for a X3eTY2, but ARE NOT compatible with the IC-408. Installing the incorrect software on your IC-408 could render it unrepairable. An expensive depot-level repair would then be required.

Even if you have the correct software, this Fiery's system software installation is done differently than the other similar KM Fiery embedded controllers.

That is why it is strongly recommended you have KM perform service on the Fiery controller.

Zwicker Press
02-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Well I know it's for an IC-408, just didn't know if it would work for the c6500.
I mounted the image and got this....
http://zwickerpress.com/images/picher.jpg
So, know I know it's the right software (right?)

I got a hold of the service manual, and I think I can handle the install.

Another question, this unit, which was bought used, and is quite obviously stolen, from it's lack of serial numbers, both in and outside of the case, has a random seagate 250 gb hdd in it. What brand hdd comes with the IC-408 and is there any limitations to what you can replace it with (size, speed, etc)

Just trying to get this thing to work. -long story

ruicancio
11-13-2014, 07:56 AM
Hi, I have a KM5501 with a X3eTY2 65-55C-KM fiery, and for a few months to today we're having a system disk always full, normally after deleting all jobs we get 7GB free.

Can I reinstall the software myself? If so where can I donwload an adequate version? Is there an easier solution?

Thanks in advance.

Scott_W
11-13-2014, 09:31 AM
If this Fiery has gone 2 years or more without a reload, I would suggest you contact your KM dealer to reload system software on it.

This is definitely a dealer task for this model Fiery.

But make sure that you specify that v2.0 with Windows XP embedded SP3 is installed (not SP2)

Here is kit PN that be ordered for v2.0 SP3

After it is installed make sure tech:
* sets up System Updates to automatically download AND install patches
* enable Remote Desktop so qualified person there can manage this Fiery, which runs Windows OS