PDA

View Full Version : iPhone/iPad app?

trey138
02-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Just sayin'... it would be AWESOME if there were an app that would at least let us monitor Fierys via iPhone and iPad. I see that there's a Printme App, so maybe there's a CWS kind of thing on the horizon?

Even if it wouldn't let you modify job properties, the ability to monitor the systems would be helpful, especially since one can't access the web interface via Safari.

Sooo.... what gives? sound like a good idea?

Gary_S
02-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Trey,

We are always happy to consider this kind of feedback. Out of curiosity, what information specifically would you consider to be most useful from the Fiery, and how would you use it?

Thanks,

Gary

ldharnden
03-02-2011, 03:57 PM
I have been wondering this samething. I don't know about trey138 but I would love to have basic/general control over que'd jobs (tray select, quantity, duplexing, etc...). Leave the device specific stuff for the computer version of CWS. Of course the ability to view my machines would be excelent. I understand there is a bit of a screen space issue, but the ability to switch between servers would be a plus as well (drop down menu, tab, etc...). Would be more than happy to trial something at my site for EFI.

Gary_S
03-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Thanks ldharnden. Your suggestions seem inline with what we are thinking.

BTW, since you both are obvious Mac users, did you know that Fiery supports the IOS4.2 "print" function. So you can now print directly to your Fiery from your ipad/i-phone. The software to enable that feature is free, and you can download it from efi.com. For more info on PrintMe Connect, you can go here: http://w3.efi.com/Fiery/Products/EFI%20PrintMe%20Connect

If you have any questions on that software, supported Fierys, or questions setting it up, there is a separate forum category.

Regarding the original topic, we will keep you posted on our progress.

trey138
03-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Hi, sorry to be so late getting back to this... it's been a busy couple of weeks.

I'd love to be able to monitor the progress of jobs, release jobs that are already in the queue, look at previously printed jobs, everything that ldharnden said... basically, there's nothing that I'd NOT want to be able to do if you can manage it. Whatever you could get in there would be awesome. I'd be more than happy to alpha/beta test anything you might be working on.

I have installed PrintMe Connect, but I already had a few printers set up beforehand to print from iOS, so I haven't actually used it.

federico.estrada
10-20-2011, 08:48 AM
It would be of great use if your company could develop a CWS app for iPad or iPhone. We had several occasions when we had our desktop computers down with viruses, and at those times I went reaching for my iPhone in hope that there will be a way to manage the Fiery straight from my mobile or even from a fellow worker iPad. Please take into consideration, it would be excellent if you can make this. Thanks!