PDA

View Full Version : Docucolor EX260 DVD Rom gone bad

dthompson
01-28-2011, 07:12 AM
Would anybody know a part number or even a compatible dvd drive to replace a defective one? The service manual that I have doesn't show the DVD drive in the parts list...

trey138
02-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Is there a model number printed on the drive itself?

dthompson
02-02-2011, 11:31 AM
CD part# 45059211C

I have googled this and am not getting very far.

markdyck
02-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Please excuse my ignorance, but isn't it potentially possible to just swap the drive out for any off the shelf DVD drive?

If it's a standard IDE or SATA interface drive, you should be able to find a little more information about it by removing it and plugging it into a PC. You should be able to find the model number and then be able to see if you can find an exact replacement, or at least one from the same manufacturer.

I'm making the assumption that this drive is from your Fiery? If what I've searched is correct and the Fiery is running Windows XP, you could even remote login to the Fiery, and from there find out the model of the DVD drive from the system properties. Of course, all this is based on the assumption that the drive isn't TOTALLY dead.

trey138
02-02-2011, 03:51 PM
It should also be printed on the drive.

And while it's infrequent, I have seen cases where certain optical drives simply won't work with certain systems, so there is a consideration for that to be made.

But yeah, I'd say throw one in there and see if it works.

dthompson
02-03-2011, 08:38 AM
Drive is totally dead (no power at all even swapped power supply cables) and does not show up in the device manager. It is not an ordinary drive either, it does not have a tray that ejects for you to put a disk in, you have to push the disk in through a slot on the front. I agree that a regular drive would probably work, but because of case restrictions i need the same style of drive. The only part number i could find was 45059211C which gets me nowhere...

Craig M
02-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Xerox Part Number 121N01157 KIT,SPARE,ASM,DVD-RW,SLIM,INTERNAL,ATAPI, S700,XEROX,ROHS.
Hope this helps.

dthompson
02-07-2011, 06:55 AM
Thank you Craig M, I am ordering one today!