PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 6501 IC408 64 bit Snow Leopard driver

dthompson
01-12-2011, 12:03 PM
I have been unsuccessful in locating a Fiery driver that will actually work with Snow Leopard 64 bit apps. The main problem being the Fiery Features category is crossed out. Because it is crossed out the end user cannot enter there user ID and password info.

I have loaded the driver from KonicaMinolta's web site, ran the patch, uninstalled the driver using the removal tool and tried re-installing with reboots in between. I have also tried the driver that is loaded on the IC408's web page with and without the patch.

Any help would be much appreciated

Scott_W
01-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Unfortunately, KM has posted a 10.6 driver that is only compatible with applications opened in 32-bit mode. Until KM posts the correct driver, you can get the correct one here:

ftp.efi.com

Username: customer
Password: cu$Tom3r

Look in folder "/IC-408 v2.0/Driver 10_6 Post Release"

Note that this is an ISO file, so burn file to CD first, then you will have CD with correct driver installer on it.

I'd suggest first using Mac Uninstaller utility to first delete current IC-408 printer AND driver files.

dthompson
01-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Thank you! This worked perfectly. I opened a ticket with KonicaMinolta and provided them with the correct information as well. Hopefully they will finally update.....

dthompson
01-18-2011, 07:22 AM
I checked in today and noted that Konica Minolta now has the proper driver listed on its site.

http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/Download/SearchResults.aspx?productid=920&filetypeid=0&osid=29