PDA

View Full Version : USB Sample Print

fmans
12-15-2010, 07:34 AM
I have an IC-408 v.2.0 connected to a Konica-Minolta C6501 that I am trying to use in conjunction with the USB Sample Print feature. I am unable to retrieve the jobs on my usb external memory plugged into the fiery while the sample print parameter is set to "on-demand". I haven't been able find any documentation on this procedure. Has anyone else encountered this?

Scott_W
12-15-2010, 09:03 AM
I think you are getting two features confused with one another.

-USB MEDIA SERVER-
Config and Setup Guide, and Windows Printing Guide describe this. You can't use copier front panel to browse and print from USB device - but you can plug a USB device with supported files on it into Fiery itself and have Fiery print them.
First, go into WebConfigure/Network/Port/USB, and:
-Enable/Disable USB port
-Set Autoprint to "Print All" or "Disabled"
Supports PS, EPS, TIFF, PDF
Files in root should print as soon as device is inserted
Files in "Print", "Hold", and "Direct" folders already created on device will "print" to those respective queues on Fiery. Folder names are not case sensitive.
Example: plug USB drive into this Fiery that is configured to use USB Media Server. if there is a letter size PDF doc in root level of USB drive, and a tray with letter size paper loaded, it will print immediately. If on that drive you have a folder titled "hold", and you have a PDF doc in that folder, upon USB drive insertion that file will appear in Fiery's Hold queue.

-SAMPLE PRINT-
Sample Print allows you to verify the quality of a long print job while it is printing. A sample sheet from the job is printed to a separate output tray while the main job is printing. The administrator configures the type of Sample Print action in Fiery's Configure util. To receive a Sample Print,
press Start Sample Print. To cancel the Sample Print, press Stop Sample Print.
In Configure > Server > Jobs, you can configure options for Sample Print.
Frequency: Specify whether to print a certain number of page sheets for all jobs or only the current job. To perform a Sample Print only when requested by the user, select On-demand.
Content: Select the type of job for which to perform a Sample Print.
Output Tray: Choose the tray for the Sample Print. If you select Disable for the Output Tray, the sample sheet is not printed. If the output tray of the job and the output tray for the sample page are the same, the sample page prints. For example, if you select Every N printed sheets (each sheet), “N+1, 2N+1, 3N+1…” the page is printed as a sample print.
If you select “For the current job only”, the next page is printed as a sample page.
If you select Every N printed sheets (each set), “N+1, 2N+1, 3N+1…” the set is printed as a sample print.
If you select “For the current job only”, the next set is printed as a sample print.

el_tren2003
12-16-2010, 05:47 AM
I think you are getting two features confused with one another.

-SAMPLE PRINT-
Sample Print allows you to verify the quality of a long print job while it is printing. A sample sheet from the job is printed to a separate output tray while the main job is printing. The administrator configures the type of Sample Print action in Fiery's Configure util. To receive a Sample Print,
press Start Sample Print. To cancel the Sample Print, press Stop Sample Print.
In Configure > Server > Jobs, you can configure options for Sample Print.
Frequency: Specify whether to print a certain number of page sheets for all jobs or only the current job. To perform a Sample Print only when requested by the user, select On-demand.

Hi Scott,

Sample Print option is only available on system 9, right?

Regards

fmans
12-16-2010, 10:02 AM
I think you are getting two features confused with one another...

You're absolutely correct. Thanks for clearing that up.

Scott_W
12-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Hi Scott,

Sample Print option is only available on system 9, right?

Regards

It is also included in later versions of System 8 Release 2 Fierys

gcwik
06-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Will this same process regarding the sample set also work in WS5? I just started using the fiery with a new machine. I've run the FreeFlow for the past 3 years, so this is all new to me. Also wondering if there is a way to assign job numbers to incoming jobs. Thanks in advance.

Geo