PDA

View Full Version : EX1000 + EX560 Functionality Missing..?

thistlegorm
12-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Hi Moderators,

Can anyone at EFI shed any light on why simplistic "default" settings seem to have disapeared from the latest System 9 PS option in configure ?

A few examples to illustrate e.g On a EX560 talking to a Xerox 550 where can you change from the default "Normal Output - Face Down" to Face up on the rip ? Also why can you not edit the Hold - Print default Workflows to take account of customers preferences ?

Equally on an EX1000 the customer who's primary workflow is File -> Import, they want the job ticket to have the default "offset - on" checked to unchecked by default - where can this be changed ?

I can't escalate these issues internally as technically there isn't anything broken -> all I can do is put in a Feature Enhancement Request (FER) - which is ironic because when these new boxes are installed at exisiting Fiery customers who are used to these features on older RIPs, they don't understand why this "tweeking" ability is now not available..?

I know I can create custom workflows to satisfy the above - but that isn't the point really..?

Any thoughts..?

Greta_C
12-09-2010, 05:53 PM
We are working on it

manyfaces
12-09-2010, 05:59 PM
To be honest, I've always been a little confused why those options were present in configure. On my Ricoh engines, while I have the option to select a "face up/ face down" preference, I don't see why it matters. When I have an option in CWS (or the driver) to use the "printer default" I can see why this selection is useful. For face up/face down, no such option exists. Seems like whatever is selected in job properties would override whatever my server setup is anyway.

werdahierich
01-17-2011, 06:42 PM
It seems that it isn't possible to calibrate the xerox ex560 (or the embedded controller as well) too, because of this problem.

If you like to calibrate on heavy coated paper, the controller doesn't print the calibration chart. The "server error" in the joblog says "incompatible output options".

Just in case this option is intended left omitted, tell me about the workaround to calibrate on this paper.

djzolla
02-04-2011, 01:50 AM
We do not have any problems calibrating on heavy stock/coated stock our end with the EX560.

Greta_C
04-30-2013, 11:31 PM
You can configure the default settings for both the print and hold queues on System 10 and higher systems.

Just open Command Workstation > Device Center > Workflows > Virtual printers. Select the print VP and click edit.

All of the job properties are available to be changed, and locked if necessary. This is far more powerful than the few options you've previously seen under configure > PS setup.

Let me know if any questions,
G.