PDA

View Full Version : Heavy 2 Gloss Profile not able to create paper sample.

k_graham
12-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Okay I have purchased a unit with Color Profiler, UV Cut, Rev 4. updated to latest, before version 3.

Using with a Xerox Docucolor 240, did the calibration running 10 sheets of appropriate material for paper, Heavy 2, Heavy2 coated.

Monitor profiled to 5000, seems a bit better than my previous Monaco profiler - except doesn't allow for ambient light adjustment. -does the version 3 add this?

Created a paper profile for Heavy 2 with Mohawk Color Copy 98 bright 100 pound cover - no issue

Tried to create a profile for Heavy2 coated for Xerox Supreme Gloss 12 point - 1st line reads, 2nd line states wrong line read - tried the 1, page, 4 page and 7 page profile. Looking at the profile sheets the dark blue patches look mottled like there is not enough heat.

Tested Spectro unit with your downloadable device checker, it passes.

Had Xerox in today setting machine to Specs - Tech could not improve situation - took samples to have next level up evaluate.

This is in line with my experience - the Heavy Coated 2 profile doesn't work well. Have always had to run Heavy2 and then set brightness down to 85 or 90 brightness but sometimes even 85 brightness is too dark. I was hoping a Spectro would resolve this but instead it tends to indicate that Fiery/Xerox don't have heat settings correct for that, if the special 1 through 5 setting of the Xerox allowed heavy media I would use a setup of Heavy 2 uncoated but put the coated through.

Any other users of Xerox 240 - 252 able to create a profile for Cast Coated 12 point?

I'm using recommended setting for patches, bitmap, uncalibrated - should I go against recommendations. If I turn off the warning the delta variation is 20 where as printing on the uncoated card Heavy 2 the delta variation was 3 maximum.

Ken

k_graham
05-13-2012, 10:33 PM
Okay I have purchased a unit with Color Profiler, UV Cut, Rev 4. updated to latest, before version 3.

Using with a Xerox Docucolor 240, did the calibration running 10 sheets of appropriate material for paper, Heavy 2, Heavy2 coated.

Monitor profiled to 5000, seems a bit better than my previous Monaco profiler - except doesn't allow for ambient light adjustment. -does the version 3 add this?

Created a paper profile for Heavy 2 with Mohawk Color Copy 98 bright 100 pound cover - no issue

Tried to create a profile for Heavy2 coated for Xerox Supreme Gloss 12 point - 1st line reads, 2nd line states wrong line read - tried the 1, page, 4 page and 7 page profile. Looking at the profile sheets the dark blue patches look mottled like there is not enough heat.

Tested Spectro unit with your downloadable device checker, it passes.

Had Xerox in today setting machine to Specs - Tech could not improve situation - took samples to have next level up evaluate.

This is in line with my experience - the Heavy Coated 2 profile doesn't work well. Have always had to run Heavy2 and then set brightness down to 85 or 90 brightness but sometimes even 85 brightness is too dark. I was hoping a Spectro would resolve this but instead it tends to indicate that Fiery/Xerox don't have heat settings correct for that, if the special 1 through 5 setting of the Xerox allowed heavy media I would use a setup of Heavy 2 uncoated but put the coated through.

Any other users of Xerox 240 - 252 able to create a profile for Cast Coated 12 point?

I'm using recommended setting for patches, bitmap, uncalibrated - should I go against recommendations. If I turn off the warning the delta variation is 20 where as printing on the uncoated card Heavy 2 the delta variation was 3 maximum.

Ken

Well a year or more has gone by without an answer from EFI. I have been using a included EFI coated profile over this time and then saving for heavy 2 coated as a separate calibration each time I calibrate - but it indicates that the software suite for creating profiles doesn't work.

I downloaded the Version 3 trial and tried making a paper profile for Xerox Supreme Gloss 10 point 219 gsm tonight - could not even get past the 1st page trying to calibrate. Maybe EFI should sell this as "for Uncoated Card" solution.

Has anyone a alternative recomendation of Software to use with the Spectro that DOES work on Xerox Supreme coated Cover 10 point and 12 point, no point in buying a beta upgrade of a beta original?