PDA

View Full Version : Third party VDP solutions

trey138
12-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Hello,

I'm interested in hearing from users which third party VDP solutions they're using and how well they work. I see that EFI resells Print Shop Mail, and it looks fine for what this shop needs, but I'm also interested in Fusion Pro Desktop, which I've used in the past with a few Heidelberg NexPresses and really liked.

I guess my question is wether or not PSM somehow integrates with CWS better than other some of the other options. What's your experience?

FWIW, I've got a Fiery Pro 80 running a Konica Minolta c6500 and a ImagePass U1 running on a Canon 8095.

Laurent_H
12-13-2010, 08:49 AM
Hello,

PSM is not integrated into CWS5 and as long as you send something the Fiery understands (PDF, PS, PPML, Freeformů), you should not see any differences to job properties, imposition...

PSM brought FF2 support, but EFI tests most VDP apps, with the result in mind. We also use FusionPro with our DSF Web to print solution and elsewhere (http://www.efi.com/documents/products/web-to-print/efi-printersite/pdf/PSE_FusionPro_DS_Hi_v112.pdf) :)

Hope this helps,
l-

trey138
12-31-2010, 02:46 PM
Thanks for your reply Laurent. Sorry I didn't get back sooner, it's been hectic with the holidays. I think we'll go with Fusion then.

:)