PDA

View Full Version : Mac OS 10.5.11 / bizhub C280 / IC-412

tblevins
11-30-2010, 06:49 AM
I have 10 Mac's on site running a mix of 10.4.x, 10.5.x and 10.6. On one Mac that is running 10.5.11 they can not open the properties of the printer driver. When you click on properties it does come up, but I need to enter an account code so when I go to view the full properties I get the Mac beach ball for a few seconds and then the driver and application crash and have to be force quit. It doesn't matter which application. I've reinstalled the printer driver a few times, I've copied the files from a working Mac over but I can't get the full properties to come up without a crash. I have installed the latest version of Java and all updates on the Mac have been installed. I understand this is a problem with this specific Mac and a reinstall of the Mac OS would likely fix this issue but this Mac is acting as the customer's application server so I can't down it for any reason. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I might resolve this issue?

Thank you.

Greta_C
12-01-2010, 07:14 PM
To safely remove all the bits of a Fiery driver from your mac - download this tool -

http://services.efi.com/support/drivers/download2.asp?oem=efi&sys=Fiery_Software_Uninstaller_Mac&ver=10.4-10.6

Before you run it - ensure Sys Prefs > Print & Fax is closed, and there are no active printer windows open on the task bar at the time. Or just reboot before running it.

In the tool delete the relevant driver, it will also remove associated printer objects.

Ciao,
Greta.

tblevins
12-27-2010, 08:05 AM
This was the EFI half of the solution. The other half was removing and replacing the java on the Mac as Java applets were not working for any application on the Mac. With a successful uninstall/reinstall of both this problem was resolved.

Thank you for your assistance.

ricochet77
12-31-2010, 02:39 AM
Hi tblevins,

I have similar issue with MAC OSX.6 system with EFI drivers which didn't open enhanced window and crash 64 bits applications when using it. I would like to know if you can tell me how uninstalling JAVA then reinstall it on the machine. I want to test this on my system to see if it can be fixed...
Have you some details about how to proceed, it will be great.
Thanks a lot