PDA

View Full Version : EB-1357ex sizes w/margins possible?

markdyck
11-18-2010, 01:57 PM
I'd like to know if there's any way to set this Fiery to have paper options with and without bleeds? While it seems like a great idea to have all paper sizes now with bleeds, the fact of the matter is that certain programs will always print out to the margins and this causes an issue for me. I'd love to have AT LEAST "Letter" and "Letter (Full Bleed)" as options, with "Letter" being the default option. Is this possible or am I doomed to having everything print right to the edge of the sheet?

Thanks

Nick_V
11-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Extremely unlikely to get both "Letter" and "Letter (Full Bleed)" into the EB-1357. I understand why you'd want both and I'm sorry I can't offer a better answer.

What's the workflow that's giving you trouble? We may be able to determine a workaround for you.

markdyck
11-18-2010, 03:25 PM
I have workarounds (ie. setup a virtual printer that prints everything at less than 100%) but it's just something I thought I'd bring forward. I get why the change was made on the Fiery to have everything print full bleed, but I wonder if it's not better for future considerations to include the option at least. Just my $0.02.

Nick_V
11-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Okay, that's good to hear. When you said you were "doomed to having everything print right to the edge of the sheet" I wasn't certain you'd found a good workaround.

And yes, having the choice makes sense and we're definitely looking into ways of doing this without messing up other Fiery functions.