PDA

View Full Version : EXP Server not picking up IP address of Xerox Docucolor 240

AdrianneKU#
11-11-2010, 08:22 AM
We have a Fiery EXP250 Color Server. We had to have system software re-installed due to computer crashing. Now the Server won't ready the Docucolor 240 printers IP address that I've used for the last 4years.

The manual states to obtain IP address from the menu in the Control Panel. I press the Menu button and nothing happens. Turned the Server off and on twice. Still not able to get to the menu. The LCD screen is not broken. It shows the EFI logo. The indicator light is a steady green blinking. Which from what I found out means the Fiery is printing or processing a job or communicating w/a remote computer.

We also have a Minolta in which I was able to connect to through searching for IP address on the Xerox. Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks.

manyfaces
11-11-2010, 05:45 PM
If you know the DHCP IP range at your shop, I'd think you should be able to find the server IP by searching that range in CWS.

thistlegorm
11-12-2010, 12:46 AM
Hi Adrienne,

When you say an EXP250 - you mean the big grey box with EXP250 written on the front which presumably is the version without the faci kit (keyboard,mouse & Monitor ) ? not the small white box that is bolted to the rear of the DC240.

Assuming the former - what should happen with a correctly connected & loaded Fiery Server (this goes for all of them) is that the IP address will default to DHCP (automatically find an IP address) & the "PrintStartup Page" will be on so the DC240 will kick out a page with an IP address on it - you could then enter this into a Web browser & then configure from the Fiery's webpage.

Since this doesn't seem to be the case ? from what you have posted my guess would be that the Fiery has not come ready. If you look on the GUI of the DC240 & press the "All Services" button are the Network Scanning & Web Services icons lit ? if they are greyed out this is indicative of the Fiery not coming ready.

Probably the simplest way to rectify this is to find a USB Keyboard & Mouse & a VGA monitor & simply plug them into the back of the EXP250 at least then you will be able to see what is going on with the Fiery when you reboot it - my guess would be that you will see the bios then the Windows splash screen auto login - CWS 4 starting - then the Command Bar (blue bar at top of screen) saying "starting" & then going "Exited" indicating there is a problem, if it says "Ready" you know the problem is elsewhere.

Whoever reloaded the Fiery - I would get them back - all Xerox techs would leave the Fiery after a reload configured with the last known good configuration & with the ability for the Fiery to ouput a sheet of paper.