PDA

View Full Version : Fiery Corrupted 2nd time around

haiko
11-08-2010, 04:51 AM
Hi, we have a MGI Meteor DP60 which comes with a Fiery Pro80 65-55C-KM Version 3.0 software pre-loaded on the rip box.

Recemtly we have had an power cut during operation and afterwards we could not get the fiery to boot. We had to exchange it with another Fiery box from our supplier. - No one was able to tell us what had actually gone wrong and corrupted the software on the rip.

This morning I switched the system on as usual, and the rip - again - does not want to boot. Keeps on telling me it is starting up. I then inserted the system disc which came with it and restarted the rip. It started going through the installation process: I had to choose the language and there was a warning about deleting all files on the rip... after about 2 minutes, it was finished and upon reboot the same happens - it simply does not boot. Now not even with the system cd (which came with it) in the drive.

No one seems to be able to trouble shoot the problem, or why this is happening. Am awaiting again a replacement rip from our suppliers, but for me this is not solving the possible problem - Why would the rip just not boot?

Has anyone had the experience before

Scott_W
11-16-2010, 02:14 PM
By your description, this sounds like a hardware problem to me (now won't boot from v3.0 System DVD)

You could take side cover off after unplugging unit. Then reseat memory DIMMs, DVD drive and hard drive cables (both ends, each SATA cable)

Connect a VGA monitor to your Fiery and observe what scrolls by during start-up hardware checks (POST). Look for anything unusual there. By the way, if your Fiery does not have FACI option installed, monitor will go black just after Windows splash screen.

adam1991
11-17-2010, 04:16 AM
Actually, awhile back EFI started simply enabling mouse/kb/video on all units out of the factory, and stopped the requirement of enabling that via dongle with the purchase of FACI kit.

k_graham
11-18-2010, 10:47 PM
This is the kind of reason I keep a couple backups of all my RIPs and workstations - using an external Backup device that one drops a SATA disk in so you can expand to more than 1 disk easily and if the unit fails you simply drop the drive in another unit, I use 5 year warranted Western Digital Black though I would suggest any similarly warranted drive- for cloning backup software personally I use www.Clonezilla.org free backup but if a command line and answering yes to about a dozen questions is too much, you might try http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/index.htm , it has more features such as individual file restore and may or may not work on the embedded systems EFI uses but I suspect it will, it comes with a 30 day free trial.

Incidently a UPS doesn't hurt either for the RIP

Ken

Accucolor
10-09-2013, 10:14 AM
Can anyone send me a copy of the Fiery Pro80 65-55C-KM Version 3.0 software - Our Print server went down the hard drive is completely gone and we are unable to print without getting the fiery server back online.

Please help any and all info is greatly appreciated

Patrick

Scott_W
10-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Was this Fiery purchased from Ikon, or Konica Minolta?
(system software is NOT interchangable)

Whomever the vender, you should contact them for assistance on reloading or fixing your Fiery

If it was Ikon, contact your Ricoh dealer and have them work with their support center