PDA

View Full Version : EX 2000 d for docucolor 5252

Milo Wilson
10-29-2010, 06:29 AM
Trying to reload software on the controller. The controller had v3.0 (XPe), I'm trying to load v2 sp2 (NT). I have the genuine xerox software disks of v2.0 sp2 and once I have finished the process the final reboot displays "invalid license will now power down". I have used a new hdd just to see if something was wrong with the old one, no difference. eveything else in the controller is original (mobo, interface cards,...etc.)
What is causing this?
I've worked on xerox/fiery controllers for a long time but this is kicking my butt...lol

thistlegorm
10-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Hi Milo,

You have two options: Find the V3.0 Disk or find another EX2000d motherboard that hasn't been upgraded to V3.0.

The reason is that when the EX2000 was upgraded from V2 (NT) to V3 (XPe) part of that upgrade was the use of the Z5/Z18 Bios upgrade disk & One Use Dongle, this blows the motherboard & you cannot go back.

It is all to do with WPA (Windows Product Activation) as you already probably know when you load XP the licensing isn't just restricted to the hard drive in fact the utility checks and records information on eight different categories of hardware:

Display Adapter
SCSI Adapter
IDE Adapter
Network Adapter (including the MAC Address)
RAM Amount Range (e.g., 0–512 MB)
Processor Type and Serial Number
Hard Drive Device and Volume Serial Number
Optical Drive (e.g., CD-ROM)
That is why you are getting the "invalid license" message - the hard drive has to match all the other peripherals..

I know this will not help you.. but I hope it helps if you know what I mean..??!!

Milo Wilson
10-29-2010, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the info. I have the v3.0 coming so hopefully everything will load correctly when I get it.