PDA

View Full Version : C65hc & Fiery, update and profiles

ateljea
10-26-2010, 01:44 PM
We have KM bizhub Pro C65hc with Fiery PRO80 65-55C-KM Color Server v.2, System 8 release 2.0.

Is it worth update to v.3 (system 9), especially in color management?
What improvements?
Otherwise difficulties?

Where can I find actually output profile for C65hc?
I found only following "65C-KM Fiery", but I suspect that they do not right for C65hc.

thanks for answers,
ateljea

Scott_W
10-26-2010, 03:31 PM
You've stated you have a System 8 Release 2 Pro80, but what system software version are you running on it?
V2.0 or v2.1?
Each version has it's own specific patch that installs appropriate profiles for the C65hc engine.

My opinion is that if you are satisfied with 2.x now, then stay with it.

v3.0 is a very big jump - underlying code base is completely different, many new features, Command Workstation 5 and updated utils and drivers. Your KM dealer can give you the specifics.

V3.0 also has a C65hc profile patch.

If you are tempted to make the jump to v3.0, my advice would be to wait until early 2011 when v3.0a will be available to field. It is a more polished release, with improved print driver and even newer Fiery utilities.

ateljea
10-27-2010, 12:12 PM
Scott, many thanks for support! ;)

You've stated you have a System 8 Release 2 Pro80, but what system software version are you running on it?
V2.0 or v2.1?
Each version has it's own specific patch that installs appropriate profiles for the C65hc engine.

State:
KM bizhub Pro C65hc
Fiery PRO80 65-55C-KM
System Software Version: 2.0
Fiery System: 8 Release 2
Output Profiles: Fiery 65C-KM Coated v3F and others v3F

v3.0 is a very big jump...
... would be to wait until early 2011 when v3.0a will be available ...

This is a very helpfull information.

Your KM dealer can give you the specifics.

Unfortunately, my experience: from KM dealer (except for hardware maintenance), as well as online web sites, it is almost no support for C65hc, especially for color management

My opinion is that if you are satisfied with 2.x now, then stay with it.

Bothers me the following: I do not know if it is delivered and installed default output profile "65C-KM Fiery Coated v3F.icc" really the right one for our C65hc. My two observations (see attachments too):

1) DENSITY

Cyan D-max of profile "Fiery 65C-KM Coated v3F.icc" is 1.53.
I do not understand this, we all know Cyan hc-toner can never be this achieved. We will reach only 0.9.

Intryck [http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthread.php?t=1372] reaches 1.21.
He has a profile "Fiery C65hc-Coated v1F KM". Where the profile is available?

2) GAMUT

Our default profile "Fiery 65C-KM Coated v3F.icc" (YELLOW) shows almost the same color gamut as the cmyk-ISO-offset (RED).
And this is again another paradox, which tell me that our color profile is not appropriate.

C65hc is designed to move closer to the sRGB (GREEN) color gamut.
In this context also shows our own custom profile (WHITE).
But this could not be even better, bigger, more accurate?
Calibration is based on the default output profile, right?

regards, ateljea

ateljea
11-03-2010, 05:40 PM
What are your experiences, observations?
Any Suggestions?

Scott_W
11-03-2010, 06:27 PM
You are using profiles for C6501 on a C65hc.

Since you are at v2.0 system software, you need to install the correct profiles for your engine type.

I have uploaded them to:

ftp.efi.com

Username: customer
password: cu$Tom3r

Look in folder /IC-303-305 v2_0_C65hc_Profile_Patch for Zip file containing install patch, uninstall patch, and release note.

Read note carefully. This patch should not be installed on a system that has had any EFI System Updates installed already on it.

If any patches are already installed, then you should re-install v2.0 fresh (rebuild system entirely) - then, install profile patch. Once that is done you can go ahead and run System Updates utility to install security and bug-fix patches for v2.0

ateljea
11-10-2010, 12:33 AM
with clear instructions, everything went clean, thanks