PDA

View Full Version : Power on controller -IC409

Bizhub
10-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Power on controller and no controller details tab in utility mode. was advised to load new Fiery software. When loading software via laptop and crossover I get FTP/TFTP Setup, then transfering config file, then rebooting, installation failed. Tried new hard drive, different laptop, remounted all connectors and boards. Can anyone help.

Scott_W
10-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Have you successfully loaded an IC-409 by this method before, using this laptop?

Are you referring to documentation on how to do this?

Are you certain you are using a crossover cable, and are you setting the Fiery's DIP switches prior to load, and then immediately after?

KM's documentation on how to load an IC-409 covers another method of install that I find less troublesome. It involves prepping USB flash drive with IC-409 system software using a PC/laptop, and then powering up the Fiery with that flash drive inserted in one of the Fiery's 2 USB ports.

Bizhub
10-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Have you successfully loaded an IC-409 by this method before, using this laptop?

Are you referring to documentation on how to do this?

Are you certain you are using a crossover cable, and are you setting the Fiery's DIP switches prior to load, and then immediately after?

KM's documentation on how to load an IC-409 covers another method of install that I find less troublesome. It involves prepping USB flash drive with IC-409 system software using a PC/laptop, and then powering up the Fiery with that flash drive inserted in one of the Fiery's 2 USB ports.

I prepared two USB flash drives, one a 2gig kingston and a 16gig drive using the usb tool download, both have the Fiery read FF on the display and does not seem to transfer data. Any thoughts?

Scott_W
10-25-2010, 02:53 PM
To get the big picture on troubleshooting this it would be more helpful if you answered my questions from previous post.

I see you've tried USB flash drive method now

Some questions:

1.)What copier model is Fiery attached to?

2.)Is v1.01 Fiery System software for the IC-409 you are using a known good set (you have used it before on other IC-409 reloads), or is it a copy that's never before been used?

3.)For either ethernet or USB flash drive system load, have you followed written procedure document? (switch settings are different between load methods)

4.) When you insert prepped USB flash drive and power on Fiery, do you see obvious LED activity for several minutes on the flash drive?

Bizhub
10-25-2010, 04:02 PM
To get the big picture on troubleshooting this it would be more helpful if you answered my questions from previous post.

I see you've tried USB flash drive method now

Some questions:

1.)What copier model is Fiery attached to?

2.)Is v1.01 Fiery System software for the IC-409 you are using a known good set (you have used it before on other IC-409 reloads), or is it a copy that's never before been used?

3.)For either ethernet or USB flash drive system load, have you followed written procedure document? (switch settings are different between load methods)

4.) When you insert prepped USB flash drive and power on Fiery, do you see obvious LED activity for several minutes on the flash drive?

Scott thanks for your time. Konica-Minolta C353-Model,we ordered the software CD from K-M,also downloaded v1.01 and opened with Winrar.
USB we do see activity at first,then slow data blinks but documentation says we should see numeric progression and no FF after 30 seconds after power on.

Scott_W
10-25-2010, 04:19 PM
You say you tried another HDD...

Do you have access to another DIMM that could be tried? Specifically a 512MB or 1GB PC2100 DDR266

CPU fan still spin normally?

What happens exactly on 2-digit readout at moment you power on Fiery. What do you see on it (and for how long) from power on through about 1 minute

Bizhub
10-25-2010, 04:49 PM
You say you tried another HDD...

Do you have access to another DIMM that could be tried? Specifically a 512MB or 1GB PC2100 DDR266

CPU fan still spin normally?

What happens exactly on 2-digit readout at moment you power on Fiery. What do you see on it (and for how long) from power on through about 1 minute

Did try HDD.
2 diget acts much like normal startup in service mode where you have a 30 second progression ending in FF and having a slow data blink.
Did not try DIMM.

Bizhub
10-28-2010, 06:44 AM
Did try HDD.
2 diget acts much like normal startup in service mode where you have a 30 second progression ending in FF and having a slow data blink.
Did not try DIMM.

Do you Know where I could send this in for repair if needed

Bizhub
10-29-2010, 06:45 AM
Do you Know where I could send this in for repair if needed

What brand of USB drives works best for upgrading firmware.

Bruce_W
10-29-2010, 07:29 AM
Hello Bizhub,

I haven't seen a problem using any of the standard brand name USB drives.

From your description of the LED sequence though it sounds like it's not booting from the USB drive.

What is the part number or version of the USB Prep Tool you are using?

Thank you,
Bruce

Alan
11-12-2010, 08:19 AM
I prepared two USB flash drives, one a 2gig kingston and a 16gig drive using the usb tool download, both have the Fiery read FF on the display and does not seem to transfer data. Any thoughts?

If you are using the memory stick method of loading, make certain that you are not moving the two dip switches as you would with an Ethernet load. Just turn off the IC409, plug in the memory stick and turn it on. Should take about 10 minutes to load then the controller will power off.

If you repositioned the dip switches, the system is waiting for the first TFTP response from your laptop and will never load from the stick.

Also make certain that your memory sticks do not have any of the U3 Utility software on them. If you see a popup menu when you plug them into your computer then you will have to get a removal tool from U3.org to remove that software as it is hidden in a protected area of the memory stick, and formatting the stick will not remove it.