PDA

View Full Version : Automatically Download Job Log

bwarlick
09-24-2010, 06:54 AM
I need a way to get the job log from the Fiery without having to load Command Workstation and manually clicking it. Is there a way to do with via FTP or any other method?

Thank You,
Brandon

thistlegorm
09-24-2010, 09:30 AM
Hi Brandon,

The simple answer is no...

Which machine do you have i.e which vendor ? & more importantly is it a bustled Fiery or a Stand Alone with / without a FACI kit ie monitor / mouse / keyboard ???

A few more details might help your cause..

bwarlick
09-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Well that is not good :(

We are trying to "close the loop" and have our internal software verify that each job has printed. We have it working perfectly but we have to manually download the job log and send it to our software to process.

We are using a Ricoh MP 1350 with external Fiery EB-135 Rip. The box is sitting next to the printer and does not have a keyboard or monitor.

If there is any way possible to retrieve the print log I would greatly appreciate the help. Since Command Workstation is able to retrieve it then there must be a way. We are willing to do anything on our end.

Thank You so much for your help.

Brandon

thistlegorm
09-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Hi Brandon,

Whilst I don't specifically know about Ricoh ( I'm Xerox )- I am pretty certain that whilst the Job log data is obviously on the Fiery, my understanding is that the data is in a format which would not be readable, it is the actual "export" that converts the raw data into effectively a csv file - which if memory serves uses a : delimiter.

When operators of our Fiery products use software to capture the logs - which is fairly automated, there is still an element of user intervention with the operator having to export the logs to a specific location, that is also required on the Freeflow Print Servers as well.

Is it not possible to load CWS 5 on a client ? & then "export" the log to a specific location ?? I think this would be the easiest solution.. however I am installing a few Fiery's today so I will look to see whether the logs are actually stored somewhere... just to make sure...

hollingb
09-28-2010, 02:19 PM
There is a log download tool that I've tried on several Ricoh Fierys successfully. See this thread for instructions on how to get it:
http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthread.php?t=1706