PDA

View Full Version : X2-CP case

OCINPA
09-09-2010, 08:56 AM
I just recently bought an ancient used X2-CP unit to use with my equally ancient HP 3500, the controller's fan i quite noisy, I'd like to open the case and clean it or replace it. I know that EFI doesn't support it, and I'm aware of the consequences of old me opening the case, but I can't figure out how to open it, I can't even feel any tabs along the front cover. Does anyone have any advice? I'd like to give this thing a fair shot before I use as a boat anchor.
Thanks

Scott_W
09-09-2010, 09:22 AM
You can open this relic by removing the 4 phillips head screws on back side. Three are inline vertically and one is just under power switch. Once removed, it can be a trick to pull the case apart. It separates at the front of the case. The entire outer case shell pulls rearwards. (the entire inner frame, including metal area seen on backside remains attached to front panel and just outer shell pulls off to back).

If you see one of fans are bad, you will have to search for one on your own. EFI and HP no longer has replacements available.

OCINPA
09-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Scott,
many thanks, I'll get working tomorrow morning.