PDA

View Full Version : Engine IP Address, E10-25A0

JohnA
08-13-2010, 09:04 AM
I see on our E10-25A0 Fiery version 1.1 it as an Engine IP Address that is the next IP address after the one you assign to the Fiery.

For example if my Fiery IP is 192.168.100, it assigns the Engine IP Address: 192.168.101

Right now I have a computer setup with the IOP 192.168.1.101

I'm wondering, will the Engine IP Address conflict with another device with that same IP on my network? Or is it just used internal to the machine and won't cause any conflicts.

Thanks

thistlegorm
08-13-2010, 09:16 AM
John,

I assume your IP addressess with only 3 dots in them are missing a 1 ?

In answer to your question - simply yes it is quite possible that you will get a conflict on either your network or more likely the Fiery will stop talking to the IOT (engine).. is this a "Paper Catalog" lead ?

Not familiar with your particular product - but on the machines I work on, you can normally get a patch which will reset the internal Fiery port to normally 100.100.100.102 /103 & another file which will do the same on the engine..

JohnA
08-13-2010, 09:23 AM
Oops, yep, left off the .1 in the middle.

> is this a "Paper Catalog" lead ?

No.

Thanks for the info. I will ask about the patch.

Scott_W
08-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Yes, that other IP address is visible to your network, and should be considered in use. You will see this is so if you ping it from another node on your network.
Actually, that IP address is the on-board KM controller. If, from a client PC on your network, you type that IP address into your web browser, you should get the KM controller's web page.

So, copier has two controllers on the network, the Fiery, and the KM controller. In this configuration, the Fiery provides a IP address to KM controller. So in a sense, the Fiery can act as a pass-thru

JohnA
08-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Thanks, that's a helpful to know. I had a webserver at the same IP as the engine IP address, and will change around IP addresses so there is not a conflict.