PDA

View Full Version : Imposing from Word into Fiery

PeteS
08-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Hi There
I have a document in Word Format and when we try to impose via Firey.
There is an issue in that when they are doing this the Euro symbol doesn't appear.

I haver replaced the Fonts etc but to no avail, anyone out there help me at all with this please?

Many Thanks

Bruce_W
08-10-2010, 07:16 AM
Hello Pete,

Which Fiery controller and copier model do you have?

Which version of Acrobat are you using? It might also be good to know which Distiller template you are using.

If you print to PDF from Word do you get the same results?

Thank you,
Bruce

PeteS
08-10-2010, 07:53 AM
Hi Bruce,

thanks for your reply.

I am actually asking this on behalf of someone else so when I get this info I will post it up on here.

Thanks again
Pete

PeteS
08-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Hi Bruce,

Please see the below information - Any help advise would be great - Thanks

The Fiery is as PS-GX100 (it has just has the PS-GX200 software installed)

The printer is a Canon CLC5151,.

If you create a PDF first then send it to the Fiery to be imposed then the problem does not appear as the font is embedded correctly in the PDF when it is created. The template that the Fiery Imposition software is using is the ‘Two Up Saddle Stitch’ template but it was using the ‘Fiery Optimized’ job settings. When you change the job settings to ‘High Quality Press’ and impose the job you receive an error informing you that the Font Times New Roman cannot be embedded it the PDF, which to me look like a missing or out dated font issue.

thistlegorm
08-11-2010, 04:58 AM
Hi Pete S,

Your opening post is a little confusing - do you mean you have submitted a Word Document via the Print Driver to the hold q & you are trying to impose postscript ?

Times New Roman is a Truetype font & depending on how you have your Postscript options setup - you can get odd results.

If we look at the properties of your printer & then goto the advanced tab => printing defaults - this will open the Fiery Driver, you should have a Tab in there that says "Postscript Options". If we look in here - you should see something similar to below:

http://fieryforums.efi.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=312&stc=1&d=1281526568

Try changing the Postscript Output Format to "Optimize for Portability" & the "True Type Font Setting" to "Download As SoftFont" - Apply this & reprint your job - is this any different ?

If you leave this at its default - i.e "Substitute with device font" it will only substitute if the fonts are exactly the same, e.g TimesNewRoman may well be in the Fiery Windows Font Directory however if like I just tried from Word 2007 you print a job with Times New Roman the actual font is called TimesNewRomanPSMT so it would substitute with whatever had been set on the Fiery.

You also mention that you had loaded the fonts ? where have you loaded them on the Fiery ? you might want to add them into the Adobe Fonts directory - not the Windows. On a Xerox Fiery this is located on E:\EFI\server\Adobe\fonts it may be different on a Canon...

You might also want to check in Distiller => settings => font locations & check that the Path for your Fiery Adobe Fonts (as above) is listed - if it isn't use the Add button to navigate to the path & OK. All distiller templates will then have access to them.

Try this & see how you get on..

PeteS
08-11-2010, 08:36 AM
Hi there,

Many Thanks for your response, setting up the Distiller to look at E:\EFI\Adobe\Fonts has resolved the issue.

Thanks again
Pete