PDA

View Full Version : Scanning but not e-mailing...

lgwapnitsky
08-04-2010, 11:03 AM
So, I have both the Scan and Email sections filled out on my Fiery device. I'm now running across two issues:

The address book is not showing up as a valid option when scanning
When manually entering e-mail addresses, I'm being told there is no sender defined

Thanks in advance.

thistlegorm
08-04-2010, 11:45 AM
You chances of being helped will multiply if you supply far more info.. You are asking for help - with what ?? be specific & you may well get an answer ? asking the people you want help from to guess - will end only one way..

lgwapnitsky
08-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Alright...

How can I accomplish setting up those two tasks? Can it be done remotely? Does it have to be done on the machine itself?

I am 3000 miles from the system in question.

thistlegorm
08-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Alright - Which machine ? which Fiery ? I am probably more than 3000 miles from you - but I am willing to try & help you - Is it a Canon, Xerox ,Minolta ? what model Fiery ? when you say the email does not work - if for arguments sake you are using a DC252 ( Xerox) with an EX260 & trying to utilise the scan to email & using ldap - I think even the moderators would concour that this does not show the Fiery of in its best light - I am not trying to be funny but give us a little info..

lgwapnitsky
08-04-2010, 12:58 PM
The tech just showed up at my remote site. Assistance is no longer needed.