PDA

View Full Version : Adding to address book (access denied)

lgwapnitsky
08-04-2010, 07:08 AM
I'm trying to add e-mail addresses to a remote Fiery system and keep receiving the following error:

Access denied. Must be administrator to perform this operation

I've added myself in as an administrator via both LDAP and manual creation, rebooted the server, but still no luck.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Larry

Bruce_W
08-04-2010, 07:44 AM
Hello Larry,

Run Configure or Setup on the Fiery. Go to Network, Services and then Email Setup. At the bottom should be an entry for the Administrator email address. Confirm or change this address to match the email address you're using when sending the email entries to the Fiery controller.

Best regards,
Bruce

lgwapnitsky
08-04-2010, 08:51 AM
Awesome! Thanks.

cumiskeymd
08-03-2011, 01:44 PM
I have tried multiple avenues to get my teams email addresses saved to Fiery, but have had no success. Where can I find the directions to accomplish this task? Currently, I do not have admin rights to this Ricoh copier. Do I need to secure admin rights to do this?

Thanks.

Nick_V
08-03-2011, 03:38 PM
I have tried multiple avenues to get my teams email addresses saved to Fiery, but have had no success. Where can I find the directions to accomplish this task? Currently, I do not have admin rights to this Ricoh copier. Do I need to secure admin rights to do this?

You just need access to the email administrator address. From that address, just email the Fiery with #help in the subject line. Or you can look in your configuration and setup guide.

For setting up the email, Bruce's post in this thread has all you need to know.

Run Configure or Setup on the Fiery. Go to Network, Services and then Email Setup. At the bottom should be an entry for the Administrator email address. Confirm or change this address to match the email address you're using when sending the email entries to the Fiery controller.