PDA

View Full Version : IPP Printing from OS 10.6

bhiggi2
07-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Trying to setup ipp printing to Colorpass T1 Server on Canon C1 to the hold queue. Can someone help me with what the fiery needs for Queue name on the mac to print to the hold que. Everything I try pauses the print queue on the mac and will not send the job.

shmegenke
07-26-2010, 03:29 PM
I believe the 'hold' queue is not supported.

If you substitute the word "printer" after "ipp/" in your IPP setup (instead of "hold"), I believe you will find that the jobs will go to the print queue okay.

You could direct the job to the hold queue from the driver side itsef;
Setup the "Print Queue Action" (Under 'Printer Features'> feature sets 'job info' in the PPD as "Process and Hold" by printing from any app and then you could save this as a template.

bhiggi2
07-27-2010, 05:49 AM
Thanks for the advise. I have 27 C1 copiers that designers are printing to. We only publish the hold queue on the fiery because of the amount of prints that are not picked up after people send their files. We use a windows workstation at each copier location with command workstation for them to release their work saving wasted prints. Most users are not savy enough to drill down thru the menus in the print driver. I have to find a solution to print to the hold queue that is published on the fiery. Works fine with LPD but the powers to be wants everything setup to ipp printing when macs are moved to OS 10.6.