PDA

View Full Version : Print color variation from left to right.

W2 Greg
07-26-2010, 11:21 AM
I am printing on a Xerox 240 and am experiencing color variation from left to right (portrait, 12x18). The center of the image prints with the correct color yet the color seems to fade (somewhat noticeably) the closer the image gets to the edge of the paper (vertically, not horizontally.) I should also note that the image is not printing off of the paper. It is centered, with crop marks, and everything seems to be in order. I have checked the Color Drums and tested different papers & paper weights.. all still produce the same results. (the color in the center of the image is also slightly (slightly) lighter than it should be.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Craig M
07-26-2010, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the post. I have a few questions. Which Fiery are you using and what version software are you running? Application that you're printing from. OS that the app is running on. Have you tried printing through the driver and importing through CWS? If you're using CWS, what version? Sorry for all the questions, but need to narrow it down a little. Also, have you tried making a copy? If so, what's the outcome?
Thanks, Craig

adam1991
07-28-2010, 04:04 AM
This is a print engine issue, and has absolutely nothing to do with the Fiery RIP. Why haven't you engaged a service tech?