PDA

View Full Version : Question about presets

sysadmin@municode
07-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Hello, new guy here. We were recently shipped a Konica-Minolta 6500 Color machine ( very nice) which runs on EFI Fiery drivers. Just like any other machine we get our hands on, I put the drivers up on a 2008R2 print server, set permissions and share it out.

One of our print shop people figured out how to make presets in the printing preferences for paper size/duplex/etc, like so:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/farkingbastage/fiery.png

Now everyone in the company wants the same presets, but I cannot for the life of me figure out where the software stores those presets( file, reg key or whatever). I also logged into the 2008R2 box set up presets through the fiery client there, but of course that would not populate to the users when they mapped it. I'd rather not have to touch every machine in the environment to set up presets.

Basically, I would like to have a predetermined set of presets that will populate for all users who connect to that printer. Any ideas?

thanks

Scott_W
07-26-2010, 11:56 AM
1. What Fiery model do you have and what system software version is it running?
2. Where did you get Windows driver from (downloded from Fiery, User DVD, from KM site, etc.)?
3. Go to "About" tab in Fiery driver. What is the User interface version?

sysadmin@municode
07-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Sorry for the lack of info there. I should know better than that :)

The driver came from the web interface on the device itself. It's a Konica Minolta Bizhub pro 6500. Fiery Pro80-S450 65C-KM to be exact. Here's a shot of the about page.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/farkingbastage/firey.png

kmbs-dcd
07-28-2010, 06:36 AM
Your screen shot looks as if you are saving the job template in Command Workstation. I don't know of a way to make the templates created inside of CWS portable, but you can save and export templates made with the print driver.

From a user workstation open a file and set the desired print properties. This can be done from the print shop computer, but use the driver to set the properties rather than CWS.

Use the Preset settings in the top left of the driver to save the template with the drop down by selecting "Save current Job Template".

Once you have created your templates, use this same drop down and choose the option to "Save and manage list of Job Templates". From here you get the option to export/import templates files.

So if you have your print shop people set up the templates using the print driver you can migrate those out to the users.